• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Santoku with hamon! (SOLD)

This week I have a K tip Santoku to offer. The steel is 26c3 carbon steel differentially hardened, hand polished, and etched to show the hamon. Rockwell hardness after tempering is ~63HRC. The "D" handle is made from purple heart, mesquite, and black/white g10 spacers. It was polished to 1200 grit then oiled, given a few coats of satin poly, and a final wax protection coat. The blade has a full flat grind to a nice thin geometry, and was hand rubbed to 1200 grit prior to the the hamon etch. Overall the knife is very light and agile in the hand, well balanced, and the edge is just incredibly sharp. This is the knife my wife grabs the most (by far!) when doing food prep. It is just the right shape and size for a utility kitchen knife.

OAL: 10 1/4"
Blade: 5 1/2"
Handle: 4 3/4"
Steel: 0.078" 26c3 "Spicy White"
Hardness: ~63HRC
Handle: Purple heart and mesquite with black/white g10 spacers
Edge: 0.005", 13° per side, 6 micron

Aely79J.jpg

1dX8U60.jpg

Asking price is only SOLD and includes a felt lined plastic edge guard and free shipping anywhere in the USA. Paypal preferred (samuraistuart@yahoo.com). As with all of my knives, this comes with an unlimitied lifetime "write your own" warranty. I just ask that you don't use this knife on frozen foods, bone, or hard cutting surfaces like plates and glass cutting boards. The blade is thin and very hard for excellent slicing cabalilty and edge retention, but as is the case with any "high performance custom kitchen knife" it is prone to chipping if not used as intended. Thanks for taking a look! Follow me on IG stuartalandavenport

Last edited:
Back