Sanu WW 11 arrived

I was away from the computer the last half hour trying to find some wood or branches my M43 by Kesar overlooked. Tough job, but found an old stump next to the neighbors side of the house.

Upon visual inspection beautiful, high polish, [hate to scratch it], the handle is approx 7/8 " longer than the M43. I think the "rat tail" tang vs the slab side handle could be why. The brass is very attractive. The back spine is thicker, with the cutting edge sharp. I like the tip [point] on this one. Definitely could pierce quickly.

Out in the yard I felt a difference in the balance. Not bad or better, just different. Swinging at hanging branches caused me a problem. This is no machete, and will require getting used to the balance. The branch cutting was easier with a "up stroke" vs a down stroke. Onto the wood test.

The stump was HARD, but..........need I say it? No match for this khukuri. I noticed this is no hatchet either. There is a "feel" that defies explanation. I love the angle chopping. Accuracy was superb. I cut where my eye focused. The cuts were clean and it targeted like a cruise missle. I think this is much safer to chop with, than a hatchet or machete. The blade did not even show a sign of use. The edge cut my rag as I applied a fresh coat of oil. No cut fingers though!

I've been looking for a "knife" to hang on the corner bed post. I think I found it.

All the best Sam

Back