Sash/belt ?

I've seen some traditional carry of the Kukri in these worn around the waist . What are these called and where can I pick one up ? The sash it's self could serve multiple purposes in my Woodsman's kits .

Where I live in Northern California there are some retail outlets for goods from Tibet, Nepal and other countries in that region. The stores sell clothing and inexpensive jewelry. If there is such a store in your area, that would be a place to look. A sash is such a simple, universal item of clothing that the main distinctions are the materials used, the length and width, and if there's any decoration. I've seen some pictures of men wearing sashes for ceremonies, but they were very elaborately decorated, probably not suitable for utilitarian purposes.

Also a lot of sashes are made as accessories for women's clothing, so if you try to do a web search you'll likely get a million useless hits.

Offhand, and without claiming any special expertise, I'd say find a sash that suits you in a store where you can actually hold it and try it on, and is strong enough to securely hold the weight of a khukuri, and go with it. There is, of course, the question of whether you can do open carry of a blade of that size where you live, but that is not really a matter of the sash.

Where I live in Northern California there are some retail outlets for goods from Tibet, Nepal and other countries in that region. The stores sell clothing and inexpensive jewelry. If there is such a store in your area, that would be a place to look. A sash is such a simple, universal item of clothing that the main distinctions are the materials used, the length and width, and if there's any decoration. I've seen some pictures of men wearing sashes for ceremonies, but they were very elaborately decorated, probably not suitable for utilitarian purposes.

Also a lot of sashes are made as accessories for women's clothing, so if you try to do a web search you'll likely get a million useless hits.

Offhand, and without claiming any special expertise, I'd say find a sash that suits you in a store where you can actually hold it and try it on, and is strong enough to securely hold the weight of a khukuri, and go with it. There is, of course, the question of whether you can do open carry of a blade of that size where you live, but that is not really a matter of the sash.

I've only ever been questioned once about a knife being open carried once by an official while in the field . And he more curious about the handle he saw .

Back