• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Save the Burl Guy - I'm a wood junky and I need your help!

I like the looks of a couple of wood blocks but I would only need enough wood for 2 knives.! Do you sell 4 blocks or would you have to have more than that to buy.?
They would go on a KaBar/Becker #2 and #7
Thx. Jack {on the way to the Blade Show in about an hour but will have my Lap-Top with me.!}

Mark definitely sells as little as one block at a time. BTW: those are full handle blocks so you'd only need one per knife. Mark will be happy to cut them into pairs of scales on request.

The UPS guy just brought me some more packages.
3 are from Hawaii and a heavy box from K&G.
I am going to try to wait to open them until after I finish all the photos for the sale.
But..............I feel like a kid at Christmas. Don't know if I will be able to hold out that long.
ups001.jpg

Mark

I have been working out of town & ect. haven't checked in in a month.. but I sure did at the right time. I expect I'll be buying.

Mark

I have been working out of town & ect. haven't checked in in a month.. but I sure did at the right time. I expect I'll be buying.

If I remember correctly you like the spalted maple with some red in it.
I think you might like the first and second ones in this photo
1a-5.jpg

........or maybe the last one in this group.
5b-4.jpg

I finally finished getting all the photos ready so now I can open the new packages.
It took a lot of self discipline to get all my work done before I opened them up to see what new stuff arrived.
.......................or not. I lasted about 5 minutes then had to open them.

Last edited:
Ok so i sorta feel like a dumbass...Woke up at nine to look at the wood....Nine am est....

Ok so i sorta feel like a dumbass...Woke up at nine to look at the wood....Nine am est....

That's OK.
I woke up early. We sleep in later out here.
It's kind of funny when I talk to people in Australia.
Today is already tomorrow there.

I will be posting the sale thread about 9am PST.
If anyone is a little early, I have put everything in the webstore on sale too.
If you get anything from the webstore, during checkout there will be a field for discount code. Enter photo in that field and it will apply an additional 10% discount to your purchase total.

Last edited:
If i buy from the webstore, and here...Can i get combined shipping? I saw a few pieces i like there also, but there is some stuff in your OP that i would love to have.

you know....i just read that on your site...second dumbass moment of the day....Going to be a fun saturday lol, I see how this one is shaping up already.

I am going to start posting the sale thread now.
It will be titled "Wood Junky Sale"
Thanks everyone who will be taking part.

I can't seem to find my other post in this thread, so here I am again. :cool:

Count me as am wood junky too... but it looks like I missed the big Saturday event. Bummer.

Back