Photos Savernake 8" Chefs, Carbon Opinels etc.

SAVERNAKE_DNA_-_OPINEL_CARBON.jpg

My English Savernake DC21 DNA 8 inch chefs (bottom piccy) came yesterday after a long wait - the courier lost the first knife so it had to be re-sent.
It was worth the wait though - it`s Sheffield SF100 stainless steel at HRC-60 - so 6% harder than most Sabs, Wusties and Globals.
I`ll have to take some better piccies of the Savernake - I think it`s quite pretty.
The handle is denim micarta and it`s a dream to use - totally effortless for rocking because of the moderate belly profile - I think it looks unusual but mega practical because it`s tough, holds an edge and is perfectly balanced at the hilt, full tang with no bolster - which I can`t abide.
It`s not too heavy at about 6 1/2 ounces so using it tonight for five hours solid helping the homeless wasn`t a strain for my arthritic arms.
I got two Opinel five inch folders and a five inch Opinel serrated to replace the ones that got pinched years ago - very practical tough knives for inside or outside.
I drilled the two Opinel handles to put a ring and lobster clasp on - so they don`t go walkies !
Two Opinels are serrated and one is a carbon blade.
I got another Sabatier 5 inch serrated paring knife because they are so useful and nearly zero maintenance - great for me working in freezing weather outside.
The green handled 8 inch chefs is a commercial / dishwasher doable Starrett cheapie that I don`t mind lending to young junior chefs - they`re not going near the Savernake haha!

Back