Scagel style bird & trout knife with musk ox boss

Scott Hanson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello everyone, I finished this bird & trout knife up a few weeks back for a customer. It has a 4" long 5/32" cpm154 blade with a mirror finish, the blade has been heard treated with cryo to goal HRc of 61-62. The knife has a nickel silver guard that has been soldered into place, and a whitetail crown stag handle. The handle also has a piece of musk ox boss for a spacer along with Nickel, micrata and G10 spacers. The handle components have been pinned and glued in place with West Marine G-flex epoxy. The sheath is hand stitched and hand tooled 9-10 oz. vegetable tanned leather. I hope you like it, and thanks for looking.
IMG_0359.jpg IMG_0391.jpg IMG_0390.jpg

Splendid knife Scott - really like the musk ox spacer. I made one Scagel style for my nephew from a whitetail he had harvested - swore I'd never do it again. All those spacers and machining - killer amount of work.

Thanks for the kind words they're much appreciated.

Splendid knife Scott - really like the musk ox spacer. I made one Scagel style for my nephew from a whitetail he had harvested - swore I'd never do it again. All those spacers and machining - killer amount of work.

Scagel's sure are a lot of work to make, but I think the end result is certainly worth it.

Back