• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Scandi Carver: Puukko Influenced

Adventure Sworn

Bushcraft Co. | Cody
My style of an outdoors wood carving knife is a bit influenced by the sami puukko, but with this one I went a bit extra by leaving the forged finish on the sides and using Masur birch scales.

The steel is 1/8 inch O1 high carbon tool steel, heat-treated in an electronically controlled furnace to an RC of 59. The blade is equipped with a hair-shaving sharp and mirror polished scandi grind.

The knife is 7-1/2 inches overall, and the blade is just under 3 inches. The stabilized masur birch scales are contoured to a full coke-bottle shape, to make for a comfortable handle for long-term use.

A hand-made leather sheath is included; made of 7-8 oz leather, stitched with waxed artificial sinew. It is dyed java brown, and has a high-sheen water repellent finish.

Price: $195.00 plus $5.00 shipping
SOLD

The first who says "I'll take it" either here, through PM, or through my email gets it. I prefer PayPal, but am open to other methods of payment.

Email: adventuresworn@gmail.com

Specs
Steel: O1 high carbon tool steel
Grind: Scandi
Overall Length: 7-1/2 inches
Blade Length: Just under 3 inches
Blade Thickness: 1/8 inch
Handle: Stabilized masur birch, black vulcanized spacing material, brass loveless bolts & tubing
Sheath: 7-8 oz vegetable tanned tooling leather, waxed artificial sinew stitching

9-8-10056.jpg

9-8-10046.jpg

9-8-10041.jpg

9-8-10044.jpg

9-8-10051.jpg

9-8-10053.jpg

9-8-10054.jpg

9-8-10057.jpg

9-8-10058.jpg

9-8-10059.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Cody
Adventure Sworn

Last edited:
That is a sweet looking carver! Hope to see more like this!

very nice once again Cody... that looks like a great little carver..:thumbup:

I have ended up with this knife and had it out today carving a spoon.I was curious why no makers mark?Not that it is important but just curious?
Thanks for your time.

Back