Scenes from the Forest

Lorien

Nose to the Grindstone
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
My favourite place to be is in the forest. It's one of the few places where I feel at home, and I just love everything about it- the sights, the smells, the wildlife etc.
I know there are probably a lot of people in Bladeforums who don't enjoy the access to the outdoors that I do, so this thread is an attempt to share some of that beauty and majesty which I sometimes take for granted.

I'll kick this thread off with this morning's bear sighting;

The idea will be to update this thread fairly regularly with pictures and/or videos. If you'd like to contribute, please feel free to do so.

Cheers!

Nice shot, I would have been pretty nervous.😳
I'm on the trails every day but unfortunately by the time I stop, get off the bike and dig my phone out of my hydration pack the photo op has passed.
But sometimes the critters move slow enough to cooperate.😉
The baby snapping turtles should be hatching and moving around pretty soon, I'll carefully hassle a few for some pictures. Cute little buggers.
This one was cruising up the trail, moved it out of the way with a detour to my seat for a minute.

20220713_144913.jpg

TzYFClc.jpg

giXlhwe.jpg

PsPMKh7.jpg

No picture unfortunately, but today on my trail ride I saw a baby porcupine with its mom, and being slow movers I thought it would be a great photo op. So I pulled off the trail to get my phone out while they were staring at me but the little one (adorable) had other ideas and started wobbling my way. Mom was very concerned (not so adorable) and was giving me the stink eye so I grabbed my pack and moved on.
Third porcupine sighting this week. Maybe I should set up my trail camera? Probably cheating though. 🤔

No picture unfortunately, but today on my trail ride I saw a baby porcupine with its mom, and being slow movers I thought it would be a great photo op. So I pulled off the trail to get my phone out while they were staring at me but the little one (adorable) had other ideas and started wobbling my way. Mom was very concerned (not so adorable) and was giving me the stink eye so I grabbed my pack and moved on.
Third porcupine sighting this week. Maybe I should set up my trail camera? Probably cheating though. 🤔
it ain't cheating if you ain't competing...

Back