School me on good beer

I really like all the Anchor beers. They have a porter, steam, and stout. All are good and I would say my favorite is the stout. Give them a try if you find one.

I've started trying out new beers lately and I'm wondering what are some you like. So far I'm a bit of a snob, and I favor lagers and ales. Nothing with too much of a hops taste.

I'm still very much a newbie though :)

Try an alt. The German word denotes "old" ... which is quite appropriate in my case.

They've been making it in Dusseldorf for many centuries. A wonderful beer with many flavors. And you needn't necessarily go to Dusseldorf to taste it. Look around and you'll score one.

It's worth it.

If you prefer lighter beers, there's the Kolsch they make in Koln. Believe you can get that here. Best described as fragrant and refreshing.

Sorry about all the Germanic commentary.:eek: Deutschland has been on my mind lately.

Totally agree on the Kolsch. While I have not had a good commercial one I brewed one last year to style and it came out fantastic. You get a light floral almost green apple nose , a perfect beer after cutting the grass on a hot day. It does not have a long shelf life though , get it fresh!

I'm a lager fan. I can drink an IPA here and there, and really like reds, but I can't do stouts. I don't like to chew it before I swallow. ;)

My "everyday beer" is Yuengling lager.

My favorite beer is from Blind Squirrel Brewery in Plumtree, NC (Toe River Lodge). Those guys are doing it right. I wish I could find it in my state but once a year is worth the trip. Their Belgian Quad is as close as I get to a stout (it's an ale). Great stuff. When they do a red it's awesome too. The water they use is from the Toe River that runs right down at the base of the lodge (and the brewery).

The lager is great. I don't like the light or whatever is in the green bottle. Come to think of it, I'm not a fan of any green bottle beers.
I'm a lager fan. I can drink an IPA here and there, and really like reds, but I can't do stouts. I don't like to chew it before I swallow. ;)

My "everyday beer" is Yuengling lager.

My favorite beer is from Blind Squirrel Brewery in Plumtree, NC (Toe River Lodge). Those guys are doing it right. I wish I could find it in my state but once a year is worth the trip. Their Belgian Quad is as close as I get to a stout (it's an ale). Great stuff. When they do a red it's awesome too. The water they use is from the Toe River that runs right down at the base of the lodge (and the brewery).

A Nice crisp Lager/Pilsner is good old PBR! Pabst Blue Ribbon. I like it when its hot and I'm done doing yard work or an BBQing.

Refreshing and a deal at about $4.00 a six. It seems to have become a trendy hipster beer these days but PBR has been around about 100 years.

give this one a try if you see it:
1020161901.jpg

Yuengling....but you probably cant find it that far west. Im in Texas and have to have it bootlegged in from SC

Yuengling is brewed about an hour and a half north of me in Pottsville, PA. It is the oldest brewery in the U.S.

I sampled some nice Island Brews at the Saint John Brewery in the USVI last Tuesday. They had a great coffee stout.

I saw the best T-shirt there. The back said - "Happy Hour is the reason I get up every afternoon"

Yuengling is brewed about an hour and a half north of me in Pottsville, PA. It is the oldest brewery in the U.S.

I love yuengling. I have to bootleg it from Ohio since Kentucky can't sell it for some reason. I've heard rumors that the people around where it is brewed can't stand it and think its the bottom of the barrell beer so to speak.
Who knows where those rumors start. I think its great beer though.

I sampled some nice Island Brews at the Saint John Brewery in the USVI last Tuesday. They had a great coffee stout.

I saw the best T-shirt there. The back said - "Happy Hour is the reason I get up every afternoon"

Nothing beats a well done coffee stout. With winter coming, I'm looking forward to the offerings!

Back