Schrade #504

I posted a picture of a semi sunfish style of Schrade lockback (model #504) in another topic presently on this forum ( favorite Schrades). I have been getting some inquiries about this out of production model. So I am attaching some pictures of another one of these that was given to me. This is a really nice example of how a production knife can be customized and become a one of a kind. The pictures do not do the knife justice or show the inside brass liners which have been hand worked and filed as have the back spring and blade. The scales while white micarta have been colored to look like fine ivory. bolsters are hand etched and the blade is acid etched. All of the engraving on the handles is hand done (not stamped, as a production model would be). This knife was I believe a blank from when this style was used with the micarta handles for the presidential series of commemoratives. The words were mine written quite a while ago when I was asked to give a definition of what our job really was. They mean "Between the scales and stays" (Notice blade is etched with the scales of justice and hand cuffs on the other side)(scales and stays also refers to the cutlery terms for the handles (scales) and stays (rivets). "The edge and point exact the pay ( It is the cutting edge and point which are the laws and their enforcement ( It must be sharp and true to correctly do the job ). "Fair and equal common or royal" ( Everyone gets treated the same no matter who they are.) This with Mercy is thy toil ( This is your job to be done in the most humane professional possible manner ). Duty Honor and Courage is my motto. What all this proves is that when you work for the state you sure have a lot of time on your hands to think this stuff up. I hope you like the pictures.
View
View
View

------------------

[This message has been edited by lt632ret (edited 05-13-2001).]

Back