Schrade / Barnett

Gus Kalanzis

Havin' fun, learning and putting up with Bastid.
Staff member
Super Mod
Since the display at the Shot Show is now public, can you guys spill the beans now on specs and release date?

I think highly of Van and his work (as well as Dellana's) and hope this will be a winner for all of you.
Gus

(Tired of keeping this secret as long as I have
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
" The real art of living is too keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post.
In memory of James Mattis

Got a name for this puppy yet?

Congratulations guys it is very beautiful.

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=107945&a=837914&p=38272051&Sequence=0&res=high" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A>

<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=107945&a=837914&p=38272006&Sequence=0&res=high" TARGET=_blank>
Thumbnail
</A>

------------------
" The real art of living is too keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post.

Yeah- no kidding. I'm real curious to see what Schrade has to say about this beauty.

C'mon Schrade- make me a believer and sell me this knife!

I'd settle for some specs for now though; what's it made of, when is it coming out, and how much?
biggrin.gif

Firebat

------------------
Name's Ash......Housewares.

The Schrade Barnett knife generated a lot of excitement at the recent SHOT Show. Van is a great guy to work with, whose beautiful designs are almost extraterrestrial. The specs:

Handle:
- Genuine bone with a unique stepped pattern.
- Gold titanium lining
- 24K gold shackle
- Overall handle size 4"
- Intricate file work

Bolster:
- Blued steel
- Intricate engraved leaf pattern
- 24K gold border

Blade:
- 24K gold lifter
- ATS34 steel - 2-3/4" in length
- Detailed file work

Other:
- Shark skin pouch
- Limited to 1,000 pieces, all serialized
- "V" lock design
- Patent pending

The Schrade Barnett knife is quite possibly the most beautiful and unique knife ever to come out of a Schrade factory, or any factory!

We will not publish a suggested retail - you'll have to visit your local cutlery shop or favorite catalog for pricing.

Availability will start May/Jiune.

Gus - thanks for the nice comments.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Thanks Tim. Sure is one heck of a knife. I am hearing some fantastic comments from quite a few makers that were at the show that it is even better in person that the pictures above indicate!

P.S. I hear from a trusted source that you guys are pretty great to work with too
biggrin.gif

------------------

Could you at least publish a range for the MSRP? Just check one the applies...

100-200
200-300
300-500
5+00?

My wife actually wants a knife and this one is it. Help a guy get an idea of the price to save for..

Huh? You won't publish a price?

How long before someone just finds out and posts it here anyway?

Favorite cutlery store? Will these only got to brick and mortar shops? Not all of us live in areas where there knife stores. Will any of these be e-tailer bound?

Firebat

------------------
Name's Ash......Housewares.

Best guess on retail - $300-$500.
E-sales TBD - will keep you posted.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Just wanted to bring this puppy back to the top to congratulate Schrade and Van for the Best Collaboration of the year at Blade 2001.

Well deserved by both of you since I am sure the knife provided some interesting challenges. It would be cool to hear about some of them.

(can anyone tell that I have been very impressed by this knife
biggrin.gif
) There is a lot of stuff here that I have never seen on a factory knife.

- back to the regularly scheduled program.

------------------
" The real art of living is to keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post in memory of James Mattis

Gus:

Creativity can solve a lot of problems. The stepped bone handle and file work were very challenging, but some new equipment helped make it happen.

We feel that working with the very talented custom knife makers, like Van, D’Holder, Ron Lake and Michael Walker, have forced us to think better, be more creative and improve our overall quality and efficiency.

------------------
Tim Faust
Product Manager
www.schradeknives.com

Back