Schrade Copenhagen

Does Schrade make Copenhagen advertising knives anymore? Anyone know the history of Schrades association with Copenhagen?

Just wondering ;)

I do not believe that Schrade is at the present time making any Copenhagen or Skoal knives for the US tobacco company. The first I remember them was 5 or six years ago when they were offered for sale through the special catalogue for related items offered by US tobacco. They were made on contract ( by Schrade) sawcut delrin ( basically an old timer) with gold colored bolsters and a shield for Copenhagen or Skoal. They were made in several standard styles. This is not the first time Schrade has done a promotion with a tobacco company. If you check the forum archives I recently listed a posting regarding an offer which Schrade had with the RJ Reynolds company many years ago (50tys) regarding 3 styles of Old timers under the Ulster tang for two dollars and five coupons from special cans of Half and Half tobacco. NOW just as an interesting footnote to history the knives offered in both cases were versions of the same line of knives the Old Timer. While it is true that the Half and Half knives had early jigged delrin scales and were under the ULSTER tang they were advertised on the can as Old Timers and if you look at the Cope and Skoal knives you can see that except for the shield and gold colored bolsters are also old timers. I believe it shows the quality and longevity of a product that after 40 or fifty years is still chosen to represent a similiar product for a similiar promotion. Rich

Thanks Rich. I've got some relatives that chew tobackee :barf: , anyway I've bought a couple of these tobacco promotional knives as presents and agree they are as well made as any Schrade.

Back