Schrade Heritage Series - opinions

Onebigbill

Gold Member
Looking at maybe buying this knife but would like any opinions please.

KLC12899.jpg

I like them except for the blade etches. Theryre usually good prices too. Polished blades lined blosters and the very attractive Schrade bone covers some features you don’t get from most of the standard line. It’s a yes from me.

I like them except for the blade etches. Theryre usually good prices too. Polished blades lined blosters and the very attractive Schrade bone covers some features you don’t get from most of the standard line. It’s a yes from me.
this one is 59 bucks. what do you think?

$59 would be good for one in the original box with papers, but maybe a little high for one with no box. But quality-wise it should at least be the equal of a new Case, so looking at it that way, still worth the $$

Compare that price to the Canal Street Barlow (basically the same knife) and $59 is a bargain.

I have a Heritage trapper that goes to deer camp with me every year. I love the steel in this series it gets scary sharp. I say yes buy it.

The steel was reputedly 440A, and very well heat treated. They hold an edge quite well.

They are fine knives, comparable to Case and Queen, when either of those are "done right".

The steel was reputedly 440A, and very well heat treated. They hold an edge quite well.
Thanks... I might have to look around for one of these. While 440A would not be too high on my list of "desired" steels, I imagine that if the heat treating is right, it would be entirely serviceable.

Nicely made back then. I don't usually like a shield on a Barlow, but I like their "Empire" shields!
I'd buy it!

Reportably from Schrade employees their steel was 56-59 hrc and heat treated and quenched properly so it should be pretty good better than most other 440s that people have been sold over the years

Thanks... I might have to look around for one of these. While 440A would not be too high on my list of "desired" steels, I imagine that if the heat treating is right, it would be entirely serviceable.

440A has more carbon than the more popular sandvick 12c27.

Back