Schrade Lake and Walker knife

I recently saw one of these at a wal mart, and was just wondering what the blade steel was, because I read in Blade magazine it was BG42 and would cost over 100 bucks a piece. When I was at Walmart it was about 40 bucks, what's the deal?

oh and could I get a couple more buttons for my paratrooper autos?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same thing.

Knifeoutlet has a SWL1 for like 132 bucks, retail being 190. (BG-42 blade) and states it's limited to 1000 pieces.

The Schrade site shows the SWL2 with a sugg retail for around 67 bucks. Perhaps that's what you saw in Wal-Mart?

So what's the difference, and what's the deal on that lock? I can't find any pictures that give any sort of detail. Is the locking bar Zylite?

Also, can the pocket clip be removed?

Any info would be appreciated...

Firebat

------------------
Name's Ash......Housewares.

Ok, lets see so the SWL1 has a BG42 blade and is 132 dollars, the SWL2 is 65 dollars, with an uknown blade steel (they didn't say on the schrade site). So that means it is a different blade steel then?

I guess we will have to wait for the answer from Schrade in a few days.

I have a co-worker that bought one from Wally World. It's the standerd crappy Schrade+ steel. Most likely 420 or some such crap. I think the handle material is different as well. I was not to impressed with it.

Regards,

Tom Carey

If you wait a while the BG-42 versions will probably start showing up in the forsale forum.

DaveH

Back