Schrade LB7 serial numbers?

Hello to all!
I'm new here and hoping somebody could help me out. A member of another forum I frequent suggested this site to me.

I was wondering if the serial numbers engraved on Schrade LB7 lockback knives have any significance? Are there certain ranges that are more valuable? What should I look for?

Thank you for your input!

Hello to all!
I'm new here and hoping somebody could help me out. A member of another forum I frequent suggested this site to me.

I was wondering if the serial numbers engraved on Schrade LB7 lockback knives have any significance? Are there certain ranges that are more valuable? What should I look for?

Thank you for your input!

Generally speaking the older ones have four pins.

I need some help with this serial number it seems to defy the accepted lb7 numbering? It is a 4pin. Well it seems I can't load a picture, because I can only use a URL? if any one can tell me how to get a picture up here, that would be great

I need some help with this serial number it seems to defy the accepted lb7 numbering? It is a 4pin. Well it seems I can't load a picture, because I can only use a URL? if any one can tell me how to get a picture up here, that would be great

Upload the pictures to an online photohost like photobucket or tinypic.com, copy the tag line and paste it in your post here.

Was there actually a numbering system for the serials? I think we have seen that anomalies abound in many of the patterns which were serialized. Serials were an attempt at warranty control, usually done sequentially from early production until discontinued as being too unwieldy to continue the process. At best, serials, for modern collectors, along with other construction details give an approximation of where they fit in the production years. From my experience, this use of serials is most accurate early in a pattern's production. As time went by, small errors compounded and accuracy was pretty much out the window. Please do post pictures though!

Back