Schrade Museum opens Sat 7/12

I would love to see this place, although I have been able to see some of the goodies on another site, which you could probably find if you tried. The new museum is a fur piece from my digs. I have sent these folks a few dollars and I thought it wouldn't hurt to mention that they have struggled financially and that struggle promises to continue.

So I stopped in and had a look today. While it is only 1 decent sized room, the amount of history collected is impressive. While there is an extensive collection of Schrade knives, of all generations, that is not all. They also have jigs, blanks, dies, etc from the various factories over the years.
In addition to Schrade, Napanoch, Ulster, NYKC, Imperial is also represented. And finally they have a very nice collection og BSA knives, mostly Camillus. Definitely worth the stop. They have been working towards opening day for six years now.
PS: They aren't billing it as a Schrade museum. They see it as 150 years of knife making.

Will definitely take a ride to check this out. My family donated 40 mint Press Buttons, Flylocks and Prestos to the National Knife Collectors Museum and they were stolen along with 8000 other knives. Somebody on the inside I'm sure.

Right now thry sre only open Sat-Sun during the summet months. 10A-4P I believe.

Back