Schrade Old Timer® two-bladed Trapper

Among knives for which I have no use is an American-made Schrade Old Timer® two-bladed Trapper. Its second blade is a spey. While the knife is in overall decent condition - that is, usable - spey blade has been used-sharpened enough to cause its nail nick to be concealed by the trapper blade. The underside springs show surface rust I do not want to futz with. Blades are patina with small spots of surface rust. Scales, bolsters, and liners appear to be in very good shape. Its markings on the Trapper blade are: Schrade +; next line U.S.A. 970T or 978T - I cannot read its number clearly.

As I typed, I have no use for it. I have my father's Uncle Henry three-bladed pocket knife. Is the Old Timer something that someone can use? I am nearly certain that it is not collectible because it is well used.

That's nice of you. I'm sure somebody will take it off your hands.

Among knives for which I have no use is an American-made Schrade Old Timer® two-bladed Trapper. Its second blade is a spey. While the knife is in overall decent condition - that is, usable - spey blade has been used-sharpened enough to cause its nail nick to be concealed by the trapper blade. The underside springs show surface rust I do not want to futz with. Blades are patina with small spots of surface rust. Scales, bolsters, and liners appear to be in very good shape. Its markings on the Trapper blade are: Schrade +; next line U.S.A. 970T or 978T - I cannot read its number clearly.

As I typed, I have no use for it. I have my father's Uncle Henry three-bladed pocket knife. Is the Old Timer something that someone can use? I am nearly certain that it is not collectible because it is well used.
The model number would be OT for Old Timer, and being a Schrade+ that would note stainless steel blades which shouldn't have any patina.

Hickory n steel said:
The model number would be OT for Old Timer, and being a Schrade+ that would note stainless steel blades which shouldn't have any patina.
You have me stumped. The only explanation possible is that I did not read its identification stamping correctly. I have a more powerful magnifier that I will use tomorrow.

One more thing. While the spey (possibly a small pen??) blade is low, I am able to open it without requiring trapper blade to be opened to get it clear of spey's nail nick - just barely.

I've been looking for an old timer trapper. If you can forgive my shameles begging I'd give it a good home.
Thank you.
It will become yours. Please PM or email me with to whom and to where to ship the knife.

I had my friend examine the knife's markings with a magnifier. She was able to "see" less than I believe I could see.

I left you my email address. If you send me yours I can contact you. I'm not on social media.
Thanks, Skip

Back