Schrade Walden 343? What do I have.

JustinR

Gold Member
Picked this up on the auction site a while back and haven't given it much thought. Picked it up recently to sharpen and clean to carry and I must say I am not familiar with the pattern number or if it is even correct. I've tried googling it and looking through the pattern lists and description but have not come across this number.

Stamped 343 on the back of the main blade. Schrade Walden on the front.

Also I believe it to have jigged delrin but is that correct? The color is very even across both scales.

I see some deep pitting so someone has cleaned it in the past. Shield is pinned.

image upload

Picked this up on the auction site a while back and haven't given it much thought. Picked it up recently to sharpen and clean to carry and I must say I am not familiar with the pattern number or if it is even correct. I've tried googling it and looking through the pattern lists and description but have not come across this number.

Stamped 343 on the back of the main blade. Schrade Walden on the front.

Also I believe it to have jigged delrin but is that correct? The color is very even across both scales.

I see some deep pitting so someone has cleaned it in the past. Shield is pinned.

image upload

I don’t think that pattern is in the walden catalogs but it is in the cut co catalogs with the old number 7343. The handles are fostarene, which was a plastic used before delrin and the bolsters should be pinned. I don’t think this pattern made it into the swinden bolster system.

It’s not a very common schrade pattern so it’s a pretty good find.

I don’t think that pattern is in the walden catalogs but it is in the cut co catalogs with the old number 7343. The handles are fostarene, which was a plastic used before delrin and the bolsters should be pinned. I don’t think this pattern made it into the swinden bolster system.

It’s not a very common schrade pattern so it’s a pretty good find.

That is exactly what I wanted to learn, thank you. I've learned something new today!

I'll start googling the 7343 number.

Any thought was to what decade this might have been produced in then? By what you said, likely the early days of the Schrade Walden era?

That is exactly what I wanted to learn, thank you. I've learned something new today!

I'll start googling the 7343 number.

Any thought was to what decade this might have been produced in then? By what you said, likely the early days of the Schrade Walden era?

It has USA in the stamp, so not considered an early walden. It’s most likely 1950’s, possibly early 60’s.

Back