Schrade Walden Bone Slenderino

black mamba

Gold Member
I just picked up this minty SW 3-9/16" stockman, with some unusual characteristics, and I wonder if it isn't a club knife. My first question in perusing the catalogs is: What's the difference between an 825 and an 895? Same size and looks the same in the catalogs. This knife has jigged bone handles, threaded bolsters, and the heraldic shield usually found on whittlers, not the normal stockman badge shield. It also has a serial number 106 on the front bolster. Blades seem to be stainless, and the only tang stamp is the one on the clip main, the 1954-'73 stamp. F&F and W&T are top notch. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

6j2mqK3.jpg

YeigxlY.jpg

dolnuyv.jpg

This is one of the cigar box classics made in the later days of schrade, it wasn't actually made in the walden era.

The 825 was a stainless variant of the 895, same pattern.

With your help, I answered my own question. They are in the 2004 catalog as NEW, with stainless blades and tree bark bone handles. This stockman is model #CSW98. I thought it was from 40 years earlier, but it's still a darn nice stockman!

Last edited:
A little further research has revealed that the tree bark jigged bone was the first issue in 2002, #CSW98, and the second issue in 2003 was the green mountain jigged bone, #CSW982. Thanks to a BFC friend, I snagged the second one last week.

faX0mLC.jpg

poewOJv.jpg

Back