Recommendation? Scissors made from extremely Corrosion resistant material.

Well, if the chrome plating wearing off is seen as a problem, then ostensibly so is the hardness of titanium. I hope the OP is not just assuming it will only be used to open plastic bags.

Besides, not all plastic packaging is created equal. Some packaging can be quite hard and put a knife (shears) through their paces. Like some blister packs and such. I personally wouldn't recommend going the titanium route, but I'm not a maker.

True, there is some tough plastic out there.

I was in contact with several UK manufacturers and nobody is willing to make these. I'm going to have to make some out of 316 which is what the customer asked for, and make them out of LCN200 etc. if those fail.
Either way they will be programmed out for better material is need be at that point, I would simply reduce surface speeds milling harder materials.

I was in contact with several UK manufacturers and nobody is willing to make these. I'm going to have to make some out of 316 which is what the customer asked for, and make them out of LCN200 etc. if those fail.
Either way they will be programmed out for better material is need be at that point, I would simply reduce surface speeds milling harder materials.
I don't know if this is an option but you could try going custom. IDK your budget, but its a way to ensure that you get what you want.

I am a machinist that was contacted to produce these custom scissors, as no one seems to make ultra corrosion resistant ones.

The agreed upon material is 316ss with the purchaser, they are aware of the limitations with edge retention.

I would like to have a source for Z-Finit or similar nitrogen stainless steels for this project that carry thickness's closer to .500" if anyone has any suggestions.
(a simple material change/speed/feed would allow these to be made from any material after doing the first set in 316ss)

If anyone has experience with making scissors I am all ears..I can make anything, but learning from someone who has 10,000 hours into a craft could only help.
(especially with the pivot, thinking about a rivet)

Back