• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

"Scrap-mascus" and Stabilized Maple Burl Butcher's/Carving Knife (SOLD)

I had the chance to stop by a very good friend's shop today and while I was there I managed to finish up a very different kind of knife than I usually do; I present my "scrap-mascus" butcher's/carving knife.

Starting of with the blade, we have a 6.5" long blade made up of "scrap-mascus' steel, which is made from an assortment of damascus steel cut-offs and scrap pieces that are collected over time until there is enough to assemble into a canister damascus billet with steel powder as filler and forged together into one homogeneous billet made up of the pieces of hundreds of other billets. Because of the vast variety of damascus scrap used, the blade features so many different shapes, textures, and patterns that create a unique aesthetic that really is one of a kind. The blade features a extremely aggressive hollow grind that not only pulls the edge down to a razor thin profile, but also removes a lot of excess material, so despite the blade being 0.140" thick, it is incredibly light and sharp. The blade is also highly polished to aid in corrosion resistance. The handle is made from a lovely block of dyed and stabilized maple burl and is paired with a polished brass bolster. Not wanting to be overshadowed by the blade, the wood also has plenty of character on its own with great figure and grain.

The extremely thin hollow grind and large bellied profile of the blade make this knife well suited for slicing trough meat and ideal for the role of a butcher's knife or a carving knife. Great for breaking down large cuts of meat in the kitchen or possibly for butchering game in the field.

Asking $SOLD USD + $15 USD shipping anywhere in the USA. I'll ship international as well, but rates vary. My PayPal email is:

JMBladeworks@gmail.com

Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcomed.

* I am not a skilled enough photographer to be able truly capture the sheer diversity of shapes, textures, and patterns this blade has to offer. I hope that whoever receives this can truly appreciate the amazing character that this blade has in person.

IMG_3513.jpg
IMG_3514.jpg
IMG_3516.jpg
IMG_3517.jpg

Last edited:
Back