Scrapyard Question

Afternoon gents!

Apologies if the answer to this question is well known, I haven’t been on the forum as much lately and couldn’t find anything through casual googling.

Was curious if anyone could update me on the status of Scrapyard knives. I bought a few SwampRat knives a few years ago (Ratmandu CG and Rodent Solution - awesome by the way) and have been thinking recently about looking into more Busse knives. I’ve been casually dropping in on the Scrapyard knives websites over the past few months, but they never seem to have anything in their “Knives for Purchase” section. Likewise, I’ve noticed that SwampRat usually has a very limited selection via the website, whereas I recall there being many more available options years ago. Are Scrapyard and SwampRat still regularly rolling out knives for order on the website? Have they moved to more of a small batch order approach? Would love to know so I can keep an eye out for the future. Thanks!

Currently you're better off keeping an eye on Busse forum as all new releases show up here first, and some of the knives are up on Busse site not Swamp or Yard.

Scrapyard ... the Dumpster Mutt was my first Busse [kin]. Bought it roughly 10 years ago. Still have it. Still my favorite.

I miss the swamp , they generally have the best profiles on user knives , ratweiler, rmd etc.
I'm probably in the minority when I say that the RMD handle isn't for me (too thin) but the Ratweiler is an absolute stud of a knife. One of the very best looking knives to come out of any of the three companies too, IMO.

All three have some amazing knives.

My rodent 6 is definitely my most used of all my fixed blades.

Hoping to change that by learning kydex molding so I can increase my carry options. I really think that my 2 511s would make great edc fixed blades but they don't have any sheaths and I like making things myself.

If I make 3 sheaths, I can recoup my expenses in equipment, and I have more than 3 knives that need sheaths, and I have sheaths that need accessories to allow me to carry them how I prefer. (Not to mention all the kydex stuff you need for guns).

All three have some amazing knives.

My rodent 6 is definitely my most used of all my fixed blades.

Hoping to change that by learning kydex molding so I can increase my carry options. I really think that my 2 511s would make great edc fixed blades but they don't have any sheaths and I like making things myself.

If I make 3 sheaths, I can recoup my expenses in equipment, and I have more than 3 knives that need sheaths, and I have sheaths that need accessories to allow me to carry them how I prefer. (Not to mention all the kydex stuff you need for guns).
I hear that. I've got a bunch of knives that I like too much to sell, but the price to sheath them all makes me cringe. Really need to try making my own.

^^^ That's what got me started making my own leather sheaths.;) However, I will buy an occasional kydex sheath from a few of our excellent kydex benders here on the forum.:D

^^^ That's what got me started making my own leather sheaths.;) However, I will buy an occasional kydex sheath from a few of our excellent kydex benders here on the forum.:D

I have both brown and azwelke products and they are make amazing sheaths....and for my most carried knives, they've been great.

But to sheath the knives I have that need at least 1 sheath.....I'm looking at $500 in just sheaths.....thats hard to stomach for me. I'm not the poorest out there, but I'm definitely not rich.

But mostly....i just like making stuff.

I heartily agree on the 1311 comments. Nothing like a small machete to get things done in the camp. Like I've said previously, if you missed out on the 1311, you missed perhaps the finest cutter that ever ventured out of Wauseon.

I have had three friends try to buy mine.

Back