Screws for Chicago nuts?

Ok, I have a source for Chicago screws that I am very happy with (where I can purchase the posts or nuts alone, and at a great price).
www.chicagoscrews.com

Now I need a good source for screws to mate with the posts.

It seems every other picture of a sheath posted here has what appear to be black Phillips head screws matted with the Chicago posts.
I have looked through my Fastenal, MSC, Travers and McMaster Carr catalog and cannot seem to find any such thing.
So I assume many of you are either painting regular zinc coated or steel screws, or have a “secret” source (well, secret to me at least).

If possible I would like a source for Phillips flat or oval head screws in black oxide.

I may just end up using flat or button head Allen bolts in black oxide, as those are readily available.

Any suggestions of the screw you like, or your favorite source would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Brome

Hi Brome,

I have lots of Black oxide over steel 8-32 Truss head/Philips drive screws - 1/2" long and would be willing to sell at my cost (which was low cause I bought a ton of 'em). PM me if interested.

Richard

richard j:
I checked Jantz and don't see what I am looking for there, but thanks for the suggestion. I actually used to buy regularly from them years ago, so it was nice to take a look at what they offer these days.

Rawhide Leather:
Wow, that is a very generous offer; thank you.
I am going to keep looking to see if I can find some black oval head screws. But if that doesn't work out, I will take you up on your offer.

Thanks again,
Brome

Back