SDFK is Glorious

Nice shots! Looks great! That awesome sheath is the icing on the cake. I really need to get one. Does it "snap" into place somewhat similar to (though obviously less so) the factory Mashed Cat sheath ? (which is also fantastic!)

I, kind of like you, haven't yet used my SDFKs which is a real shame as they're truly well-thought out knives and they tick most all of the boxes for me.

Only reason I think I've not used mine is that it's so well-balanced that I don't imagine it'll scratch my itch when it comes to chopping. I love choppers and Nathan has made ones specifically for that purpose of course (which I sadly own none of), so I've sat on this one for the time being.

But still, I do love the knife! Always impressed with it even just handling it. I'm always noticing the attention to the finer details which make this and other CPKs so great. Handles not too grippy so blisters less likely to form, handle swells in two directions for excellent grip and filling out the palm (some of the best handles of any knives I've ever had), flaring at the rear of the handle for security when choking back and for added comfort in all uses, the way the choil is formed to reduce catching on material, a not-too-tall thumb ramp to please both camps (those who like them and those who don't), the flat on said thumb ramp rather than a sharper point or edge for comfort when extending your thumb out farther on the spine, and on and on it goes.

All that to say, yes, I DO love my SDFK!

Yeah it kinda snaps. More or less some friction on the blade going in and comes to a stop and snaps a little. Holds it very tight, still breaking it in though. Yes the Pirtle made sheath is absolutely gorgeous (as is all of Chads sheaths) and definitely accents the knife. Love the sheath and knife. Balanced well and feels great.

Anyone know if/when another sale of these is going to happen? I want one after browsing through the pics. It would be the sister knife to my HDFK.
There are price reduced Super Bundles on the Exchange right now, J.

#notnathan

As these basic knives were originally the “Amazon” knives, and the Amazon thing is no longer going to happen at this point, I am unclear if they are going to return to production in the future.

There are price reduced Super Bundles on the Exchange right now, J.

#notnathan

As these basic knives were originally the “Amazon” knives, and the Amazon thing is no longer going to happen at this point, I am unclear if they are going to return to production in the future.
Thanks for the reply! I really want one of these and hope to score one!

Yeah it kinda snaps. More or less some friction on the blade going in and comes to a stop and snaps a little. Holds it very tight, still breaking it in though. Yes the Pirtle made sheath is absolutely gorgeous (as is all of Chads sheaths) and definitely accents the knife. Love the sheath and knife. Balanced well and feels great.
Talking to chad about a sheath for my Busse SFNO . About the same size as the SDFK . How are you carrying it? I was thinking about a dangler .. feels too long to draw from belt with a tek lok

Talking to chad about a sheath for my Busse SFNO . About the same size as the SDFK . How are you carrying it? I was thinking about a dangler .. feels too long to draw from belt with a tek lok

Chad makes a custom fit Kydex piece on the back with a belt loop attachment that came on mine. Looking at it now, I guess you could put a dangler and D ring right on it. I’m sure he could make something work for your needs as he’s pretty creative.

Pics deleted to try and make enough room for new ones

Last edited:
Extra HDMC scales weren't in use so decided to put them on the SD. The original scales came off easier than any other carothers I've swapped before and no issues with these and sheath fitment/operation.

zzDyGza.jpg
What scales are these? They look outstanding

I just got back from a weekend trip with the family and my SDFK was waiting for me. I know Nathan mentioned she was a big girl, but damn she thiiiiiick! I somehow was not expecting the thickness, but oh boy does it feel great. I think the handle is perfect for my sized hands with this sized blade. I was about to start to break her in with some batoning in the back yard, but it started to rain on me and I’m wimpy, so the batoning will have to wait. That being said there are entirely too few SDFK pics in here so far, so here is one for you guys. It’s my first time getting the red and black linen on a knife, and I think it looks great.

EDIT: 9/6 Added more pics
EDIT 9/25 Signature series update

EDIT: 9/6 The rain finally stopped and I did a little batoning, so I added a few more pics. This thing batons very well. 👍🏻

1x8IwL0.jpg

cFRgZ0W.jpg

mkFG5Fh.jpg

yPIt7jP.jpg

EDIT: 9/25
I just received my signature series SDFK. Wow. The basic SDFK is indeed glorious; however, the signature series SDFK is now one of my favorite knives ever in this size! While the weight difference is only 1.38 oz (between my two knives), and the balance point is pretty much the same, the in-hand feel is substantially different. It is still a thick knife, but it just feels right. So so so right. So so so so so so so right. Go get one!

TFNVlsR.jpg

bWA5eY5.jpg

ohDdQXR.jpg

dBehbou.jpg
badass!

Back