Sean McWilliams Panama Fighter

Guys, its been quite a few years ago and my first true custom knife. At that time I believe Sean was one a handful of individuals actually forging stainless knives. I bought the 5" Panaman Fighter in 440V from him. Not selling, not trading but just trying to put some value to the knife. I cannot quite recall but I believe is mid $300 knife when I bought it. Sheath in excellent shape but nothing ever to brag about. The knife, its been sharpened 3 times exactly and some mild scratches on the edge but other than that it is in excellent condition. Its skinned several deer in its life.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

There is some demand for Sean's work (about 6 people out there who have to have one). Collectors who have come into custom knives in the last 5 years or so will have no idea who Sean is.

So even though you're not going to sell or trade ;) , you would like to know the value.

If you can find one of those 6 people you might get as much as $500. Although most are looking for the 7" version. If not you are trying to sell a used knife in excellent condition with a decent sheath. Lots of competition out there for that dollar.

I would do a search of Sean's name to look for some collectors here on Blade Forums.

WWG

Seriously, it a knife I had for years and its one that I don't plan on selling. I just wondering about the value. It was good sum for the knife when I bought years ago. I've ended up comparing all others to! For me, I've yet to own a knife that has taken this sharp an edge and maintained through use. That might tell you just how few custom knives I had in my hands! I have owned a lot manufactured knives though.

A PF-5" / steel unknown/ just went for $600.00 recently on ebay. I have two PF-5s , one forged ATS-34 and one 440v ,and a 3"checkmate in forged ATS-34. They are my favorite fixed blade knife. I sure would like to find a PF-3" (beefier than checkmate). If you ever want/need to part with it, I'd be interested, along with about a half dozen other guys I know, heehee.

Attachments

• USNPF.JPG
    USNPF.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 207
  • Checkmate4.JPG
    Checkmate4.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 93
fuzzyedge said:
If you ever want/need to part with it, I'd be interested, along with about a half dozen other guys I know, heehee.

:D :cool: :D

Back