Season 3 Knife or Death

Hopefully It does well enough that season 4 is a possibility.

I have a few ideas for a KOD blades!

I hear that they were currently filming for the next season of KoD. Not sure how true that is. There's a 2 hour special on tonight! Maybe your sword or a Bladeforums member will be on TV tonight!

I hear that they were currently filming for the next season of KoD. Not sure how true that is. There's a 2 hour special on tonight! Maybe your sword or a Bladeforums member will be on TV tonight!
Welll shit that's a bummer.
If that's true they have been super secretive of a new season. I follow a few pages for the show. I havent heard anything really.

I don't understand how this show made it. They have a bunch of grocery store samurai swinging blades they bought and not made. How is that exciting?

I don't understand how this show made it. They have a bunch of grocery store samurai swinging blades they bought and not made. How is that exciting?
Most of the contestants made the knives or had the knives custom made.
Yea the first season had a couple of people with the typical katana or crappy online Ebay knife.

But season 2 had quite the showing of people who researched the first season. The knives made for the show are pretty impressive.

Most of the contestants made the knives or had the knives custom made.
Yea the first season had a couple of people with the typical katana or crappy online Ebay knife.

But season 2 had quite the showing of people who researched the first season. The knives made for the show are pretty impressive.

The show's been on long enough, that folks know to bring a good blade now. Honestly, I think any good quality blade with a good quality steel, will get through the course just fine. It's folks that don't know anything about knives, that bring the junk on to the show.

The show's been on long enough, that folks know to bring a good blade now. Honestly, I think any good quality blade with a good quality steel, will get through the course just fine. It's folks that don't know anything about knives, that bring the junk on to the show.
Exactly.

Even any basic carbon steel will survive. 1084, 5160, 8670 etc.
Just have to make sure heat treat is good, and edge geometry is correct.

I don't understand how some people can think a light weight sword that's made to cut flesh is going to hold up too beating it on hard objects. A couple of those swords looked like pretzels after the beating they took. I guess some folks just don't do their homework.

I don't understand how some people can think a light weight sword that's made to cut flesh is going to hold up too beating it on hard objects. A couple of those swords looked like pretzels after the beating they took. I guess some folks just don't do their homework.
I'm sure some people just applied and didnt do any research whatsoever.

I remember first season. Two people BENT Katanas. This course is 90% hard targets like wood and ice.also some plastic if you make it to the final round.

I watched some of last night's show, but had to go to bed, so I DVRed the rest. Looking forward to watching the rest tonight!

I couldn't do this competition, since I just don't have the upper body strength for the chopping. (I just started watching this year, have any women won yet? I'm rooting for them!) I do know that if I did compete, I'd sharpen the darned blade, though. I think I saw the first guy last night using a little pull-through "sharpener" o_O:eek:

I'm enjoying watching this show, but I gotta say, when they bisect the raw chicken it triggers my germophobia. The slow motion shots of salmonella spraying all over...:eek:

Back