1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Sebenza 21 with Devin Thomas Raindrop Damascus

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by 416isToronto, Apr 30, 2014.

1. 416isToronto

416isToronto Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Well, it happened again. Ended up getting another CRK.
    This time it was a Large Sebenza 21 with a Raindrop Damascus blade. Local store had a couple in stock...and i just could not resist...u all know the feeling :)
    After having it a few days, honestly i can not bring myself to cut anything with it...yet...

Checked out the user pics threads, and i was not able to find much with Damascus blades...are any of you using them?
    Also, i was wondering, Devin Thomas lists a couple of different categories of Stainless Damascus on their web-site, which one is used by CRK?

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. delkhouri

delkhouri Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2007
    I did a bunch of research on these because I really wanted a damascus steel sebenza, but I ended up getting a good deal on an Insingo and went with that instead. By the way that is the exact knife I wanted. Plain handle raindrop damascus. It is beautiful.

I believe the steel used is AEB - L and 304

Everything I have read seems to indicate that it will hold up just fine and that it will perform almost as well as the s30v/s25vn blades.

Go to youtube and watch type in "using damascus" the first one that should come up is by SolosKnifeReviews and he is putting a damascus sebeanza through its paces.

3. nyefmaker

nyefmaker Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2008
  4. Haze

Haze

Aug 2, 2004
    I have a couple of kitchen knives in AEBL stainless and it's good stuff. :):thumbup:

5. masterserg

masterserg

Jan 4, 2011
    It will hold up fine. At worst, the etching on the blade might fade a little bit in certain areas.

6. 416isToronto

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for the video info, checked it out on YouTube.
    Certainly shows that one should not be afraid to use these blades :)

Thanks for the link. Excellent post from you to begin the thread, still gotta read the rest :)

7. red mag

red mag

Apr 12, 1999
    Cool pattern you got there. Congrats.
    If you use it, please take some pixs after a while.
    As you said, pictures of used damascus Sebenzas are somewhat rare.
    red mag

8. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I, like you cannot bring myself to use the two I have. I've cut a lot of air with them :)
    [​IMG]

9. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    Local store??? Which one brother?

10. 416isToronto

Mar 4, 2013
    You know the one! By Woodbine ;)

11. 416isToronto

Mar 4, 2013
    Very nice combo!

LoL! i have yet to even cut paper with it :)