Sebenza 21 with Devin Thomas Raindrop Damascus

Well, it happened again. Ended up getting another CRK.
This time it was a Large Sebenza 21 with a Raindrop Damascus blade. Local store had a couple in stock...and i just could not resist...u all know the feeling :)
After having it a few days, honestly i can not bring myself to cut anything with it...yet...

Checked out the user pics threads, and i was not able to find much with Damascus blades...are any of you using them?
Also, i was wondering, Devin Thomas lists a couple of different categories of Stainless Damascus on their web-site, which one is used by CRK?

Here are some pics:

MQdOJqsl.jpg

wyCYZLhl.jpg

RAfxrD7l.jpg

Y21zbWnl.jpg

SCoL8cbl.jpg

Last edited:
I did a bunch of research on these because I really wanted a damascus steel sebenza, but I ended up getting a good deal on an Insingo and went with that instead. By the way that is the exact knife I wanted. Plain handle raindrop damascus. It is beautiful.

I believe the steel used is AEB - L and 304

Everything I have read seems to indicate that it will hold up just fine and that it will perform almost as well as the s30v/s25vn blades.

Go to youtube and watch type in "using damascus" the first one that should come up is by SolosKnifeReviews and he is putting a damascus sebeanza through its paces.

I have a couple of kitchen knives in AEBL stainless and it's good stuff. :):thumbup:

It will hold up fine. At worst, the etching on the blade might fade a little bit in certain areas.

Thanks for the responses!

I did a bunch of research on these because I really wanted a damascus steel sebenza, but I ended up getting a good deal on an Insingo and went with that instead. By the way that is the exact knife I wanted. Plain handle raindrop damascus. It is beautiful.

I believe the steel used is AEB - L and 304

Everything I have read seems to indicate that it will hold up just fine and that it will perform almost as well as the s30v/s25vn blades.

Go to youtube and watch type in "using damascus" the first one that should come up is by SolosKnifeReviews and he is putting a damascus sebeanza through its paces.

Thanks for the video info, checked it out on YouTube.
Certainly shows that one should not be afraid to use these blades :)

Here is a thread I did on CR blade steels awhile back, which included CRK Damascus

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ade-Steels-Used-In-The-Sebenza-Over-The-Years

I still feel the same. I liken it to S30V, which has always been my CRK favorite. Its just a prettier version of it if you will. On the ones I have used, I never had any wear at all. It sharpened easily and held a good edge.

Thanks for the link. Excellent post from you to begin the thread, still gotta read the rest :)

Cool pattern you got there. Congrats.
If you use it, please take some pixs after a while.
As you said, pictures of used damascus Sebenzas are somewhat rare.
red mag

I, like you cannot bring myself to use the two I have. I've cut a lot of air with them :)

Back