Sebenza jimping

JackSmith7

Gold Member
Hi BF I have heard that sebenza 21's have 21 jimps on the spine. However I counted mine and it only has 17. The knife has been sent in to CRK before so I assume it is legitimate. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts. Thanks in advance!

Just counted to be sure ... my 21 does in fact have 21 “dips” in the jimping. I don’t have the exact build date right now but the code on the inside of the scales is A-18 so it was made somewhere around the first or second quarter of 2018.

I actually never noticed before but 17 dips on my 9/8/11 Large Snakewood and 21 on my 1/26/16 PJ Insingo. Guess they changed it some time in between the 2.

pxJyEzn.jpg

Not sure about the large Seb but when I did research on the small Seb awhile back depending on the blade type and collaboration like Wilson Combat for example the jimping will differ and not just the count the spacing and style, I'm sure there are still videos out there showing this

My scale says A-18 and has micarta inlays. So is it possible my blade is not original to the knife?

Historically, CRK monkeys with the jimping all the time. I had a regular with only like six big wide kerfs. As long as the machining is spot on symmetrical I don’t mind.

Don’t overthink it. My large 2013 wood inlay 21 has 17 jimp dimps and my 2010 small micarta inlay 21 has 19 jimp dimps. Both are legit CRKs.

My 2017 made Sm 21 Blue Hex CGG has 16.
Third quarter 2017 made.

CRK has a long history of “tweaking” the jumping, so the varied number of Jimps and/or style is normal. I have seen so many variations and even just subtle changes I have lost count.

On my fresh 2020 year Sebenzas I have 21 jumps on Large micarta and 16 on Small wood inlay

Thanks for all the feedback! Seems like it's not anything out of the ordinary.

Back