Sebenza tip question.

On the regular Sebenza, how defined should the tip be. The reason I ask is that I just finally finished (BG-42 is some hard stuff)sharpening my small and I'm worried that I may have slightly rounded the tip. I tried to be extreme cautious and for the most part I was. A few times the knife slipped off the flat end of the rod and scraped the tip. Now I'm paranoid that I fu...ed up my tip. I know the tip is not as pointy as the classic, but I just want to make sure its still mostly there.

Think all you can do is pull up an image of the small, and hold your blade up against it on your monitor, and see if your outline/profile is the same, or markedly different.

Don't know how many sharpenings you're talking about. Wouldn't think that one sharpening could make too much of a difference, though the recommended 80 strokes on the 204 seems excessive to me for maintenance.

Good luck!

Ahh, the rounded tip. I did this to my prized and somewhat rare large w/ mokume inlay... on a Spyderco Sharpmaker. Probably the biggest reason i rarely use the Sharpmaker, too easy to foul up the tips.

The good news is this... Reeve doesn't charge much to remedy the situation if you get fed up with it. I don't recall what they charged, but it was maybe $20 to resharpen and fix my significantly rounded booboo.

Back