Sebenza Usage

I was wondering guys what you think about carrying/using your sebenzas? Because I'm getting mine in soon and I kinda don't want to ruin it.... What to do, what to do...

-Humpty

Humpty, you'll find a lot of us were timid at first, at least till the first scratch and then no holds barred. I use mine alot when I work with leather, it skives leather extremely well, also at work I open boxes, cut tape or straps, and sometimes I show off the sharpness of the edge, I'll move a piece of paper on a friends desk to the edge and with the paper not held down by anything, whip the knife across and cleanly take off a corner of the page, they always get a kick out of that.

You will find the BG42 steel to really work well and keep it's edge. Congrats on getting one, just make room for the other two as I had to, the Zulu Trio they are now called.

G2

------------------
My mind is made up,
So don't confuse me with the facts!

www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Cabin/7306/blades.html

Gillett PA

I carry mine daily at work. Would'nt be ready for work without it. I'm going to send it off for engraving soon and I don't know how I'll get on without it while its gone! My KFF seems a bit "aggressive" for resort hotel enviroment
wink.gif

One of my occupations is a truck loader for a shipping company, and I'm constantly moving sideways between boxes. My method of carry is in my back pocket, so you know what happens? I mangle a pocket clip at least once every two weeks, that's why I carry my CQC7 and have an ample supply of clips. My Sebenza, without hesitation is carried and used everywhere else. Good luck with your decision!

I bought mine with the intensions of useing it daily on the job site.The very first day I had it I scratched it on a pocket rivet.It hurt a little but thats the kind of stuff thats gonna happen to users.I did baby it a little only because I did'nt want to dull that awesome edge it came with,because I was afraid I would be unable to match it.Well,I had to resharpen it and I'm over it now.This is a dependable tool and is a joy to use.Have fun.
scott w

Use it hard- that is what it is designed for-
To really appreciate the Sebenza, you have to thrash it. Don't use it as a prybar or a hammer, but as a cutting tool. It will outlast you.

You can send it back to have it refinished and sharpened and then start all over again.
Each mark that you add is more character, kind of like each of us!

Daniel

I was timid with mine at first. My first generation Large Sebenza was one of the first knives I bought that cost more than $200. I was really afraid of hurting it. I was missing out. This knife is much more enjoyable to own than to look at. I now have a Large Sebenza (2nd generation), Small Sebenza, and an Umfaan. Lately I've really been enjoying the Umfaan a lot. It's very small but will cut like the bigger ones on most common uses.

If you are talking about carrying a decorated Sebenza I would be a little bit more hesitant but I know it would still hold up great.

------------------
Paul Davidson

Them:"What's that clipped to your pocket, a beeper?"
Me:"Uuh....yeah, something like that."

Thanks for all the info. I know that you can send in a plain one back in the get blasted again and refinished and resharpened, but can they finished and retouch up a decorated one?? Thanks guys.

-Humpty

Humpty,

Yes you can. I believe the handles get polished and the anodizing get's recolored if it's dull.

------------------
Johnny
<FONT COLOR=#ff0000>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>x</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>[</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>]</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff0000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff8000>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ffff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ff00>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#00ffff>=</FONT><FONT COLOR=#ff00ff>></FONT>

Hey Paul,

Your quote...that's happened to me multiple times....It's kinda funny...

-Humpty

Back