Secondary bevel / Shinogi location design decision

Yeah, i could do it ... but dont think i would bother? likely the difference between that and the “zero edge thickness” assumption is usually pretty small, no?​

Yea it's not a big deal, just something that might be worth keeping in mind if you're trying to be precise with final blade profile, bevel height, and edge thickness while using a jig. It can hard to know the background and setup of a person when answering a question online, so I generally try to bring up things that might potentially be unexpected based upon any advise I give or a recommendation etc.

Back when I used to use a filing jig for my bevels, I was usually trying to make knives out of either 3/32" or 1/8" stock and often my blade widths were pretty short around an inch or so (e.g. neck knives), so when using a file and shooting for a very specific look with bevel heights and such it was something that I personally found helpful to account for when setting the file's angle. I could just scribe my bevel lines likes and my edge thickness and then go to town without much though once I had the file set at the angle to make all those lines meet up. The better planning I had, the less I screwed up, although not a whole lot less lol. Now I just scribe my edge and grind til I think it looks right.

Anyway, sorry for getting back off topic, I just wanted to clarify why I mentioned that bit. :)

~Paul
My YoutubeChannel
... (Just some older videos of some knives I've made in the past)

Yea it's not a big deal, just something that might be worth keeping in mind if you're trying to be precise with final blade profile, bevel height, and edge thickness while using a jig. It can hard to know the background and setup of a person when answering a question online, so I generally try to bring up things that might potentially be unexpected based upon any advise I give or a recommendation etc.
No ... you are absolutely right that it is worth keeping in mind in case it might be an issue. Thank you! :)

Back