Secrets of the Khukuri Handle (With pics!)

Bill - it is a blessing as well as a burden to "expect the worse". I should know...I do the same.

In the end, somehow it all gets worked out one way or another.

Bill Martino said:
Many thanks for valuable input and help. Maybe I'm jumping the gun. I'll wait and see who the guilty party is and then worry about it. If it's an apprentice it's easy and problem is solved. If it's Bura then I'll worry.

Scarlett O'hara syndrome.

I haven't posted in a while, but would like to add my opinion in this matter.

I doubt we will ever know who did this. It could be Bura, (doubtful), one of his many helpers (maybe), or another kami altogether (possible).

Assigning blame is not the issue here.

What is important is that it doesn't happen again.

So, my suggestion is to let the Kamis know that they are responsible for the quality of the knife when it bears their mark.

Regardless of who did it, punish Bura.

**Don't fire him, just Dock his pay for two days. Hell, I doubt he would turn down two days off. But he will be out 2 days salary. This will serve as an example to the other Kamis without "breaking anyones rice bowl".**

A warning that more severe punishments will be administered if another deception of this type is discovered in the future.

This action will also provide impetus for the kamis to be present when handles are put on.

As a result, the apprentices will not be persecuted in this incident, but will be heavily monitored by the Kamis from this point forth.

The Kamis will take this seriously because they will be punished for failing to catch such a deception in a knife that leaves bearing his mark.

Quite frankly I have no idea what would be the best way to handle the Nepali end of this...But Uncle has done the honorable thing by keeping us all in the loop as it were. He didn't hesitate to respond openly to the problem here on the forums. That says a lot.

So if it was a helper stand him before all workers and have him atmit his shame and make sure that he understands that next time he will be fired and that he will be watched for a long time to come and if it is LB the same must happen to him . For if you treat them different this may breed anger or jelousy

just my two or three cents

Back