Seiko Chrono Help

After checking out the threads here about chronos I dug out my Seiko and put the Rado away for a while.
Problem. The small hand for elapsed time of the chrono had fallen off and was floating around the face. I am now in process of disassembly.
I made a spanner wrench to remove the back. I removed a retaining ring and out popped the stop watch buttons. The internal assembly is loose but still attached to the time adjustment knob.
This knob pushes in 2 places to adjust day and 1 place to adjust date. It pulls out to adjust time. I can't figure out how it is attached to remove it and I really don't want to break it. I assume the knob end should screw off but am not sure.

Markings are: Automatic, Japan6139, 6009R, 6139-6005. 17 jewels, shiny orange face.
I've had this watch for over twenty years. Any thoughts on my timepiece ?
I'm hoping you knowledgable watch guys can help me out here. Thanks.

Yeah, Ive got one thought abotu this....Put it back together and send it in for repair.

Ive got a late 60's Seiko Sports watch which I tried to fix and got stuck at the same spot your at...To make a long story short...STOP NOW AND SEND IT BACK! I wish I had.
frown.gif

But on the plus side...I just bought a new Titanium Citizen Eco Drive this past Sunday, So far seems like a great watch
smile.gif

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If At First You Don't Succeed,
Skydiving Is Not For You.

Excellent advice.
My brain was telling me the same thing.
I did put it back together ( it still works ! )and will take it to a dealer next week.

Alex

If it's a waterproof watch, make sure that you replace the gasket in the back, or make sure the repair place does so, or it won't be waterproof anymore. Learned that the hard way on a Seiko Sports 100 about 15 years ago.

------------------
~ JerryO ~

Cogito Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Back