• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Sellers Beware - DeadBeat "Buyer": dougkool2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooitzoo

Gold Member
dougkool2 dougkool2 Posted an "I'll take it" in my sale thread here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...micarta-scale-deep-carry-pocket-clip.1960116/

Problem is that he has no means of contacting him. Neither PMs nor email is turned on. I asked him to either turn on his PMs or give me his email so I can send along payment instructions. This never happened.

Unfortunately, his account is 12 years old with 145 posts. I suspect that the account exists solely for the purpose of this kind of activity.

This seems to be happening more frequently so I wanted folks to be aware, avoid dealing with dougkool2 dougkool2 , and would encourage folks with similar experiences to post them here. The community is what makes this forum great.

NINJA ADDENDUM: In 13-odd years on bladeforums, I have not encountered this situation before. This should serve as a testament to the general honesty and honor of folks on this forum.

Last edited:
A) he's a registered member and doesn't have PMs
B) he hasn't logged in since Sunday at 11:49 AM... Poor form after claiming something.

(going to check something)

People can do strange things. Perhaps being well hidden is more interesting for him than following through with a business transaction .

People can do strange things. Perhaps being well hidden is more interesting for him than following through with a business transaction .
True.

Of course, this ought have nothing to do with me (or anyone else for that matter)

True.

Of course, this ought have nothing to do with me (or anyone else for that matter)
Probably nothing personal against you, he just isn’t respectful enough to follow through with a member when he changes his mind. I’ve had all great transactions here, but some buyers have backed out or disappeared. While it’s somewhat rude behavior on their part, I just post that the knife is still available, or wait the two weeks and start with a clean listing. It’s still way better than having a bad transaction where losing money is a possibility. Members who see your post will be now careful about taking this person seriously.

Probably nothing personal against you, he just isn’t respectful enough to follow through with a member when he changes his mind. I’ve had all great transactions here, but some buyers have backed out or disappeared. While it’s somewhat rude behavior on their part, I just post that the knife is still available, or wait the two weeks and start with a clean listing. It’s still way better than having a bad transaction where losing money is a possibility. Members who see your post will be now careful about taking this person seriously.
100% agree

Let's move on. He was tardy. No money was passed. Your item is still available for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back