September 2021 BOTM - 301 Stockman 420HC FFG Long Pull, Black Burlap Micarta

I was really hoping for a 301 or 303, so today feels a little like Christmas. Things I like about it: flat grind, long pull, lovely micarta, two blade variation of a favorite pattern. Things I don't like about it: ......

I have my first BOTM its way. I agree with revnewk that this would make a fantastic series.

Interestingly, I never got an email. I think I did the unsubscribe because I tired of Buck's numerous emails.

I'm going to pass, I have two of the 2018 Blade Forum 301s that are just a bit better appointed than this one, plus I rarely carry one. I'll count on this forum to get BOTM info, with Buck doing 500 of the BOTM knives my FOMO is low. šŸ˜Š :thumbsup:

I was really hoping for a 301 or 303, so today feels a little like Christmas. Things I like about it: flat grind, long pull, lovely micarta, two blade variation of a favorite pattern. Things I don't like about it: ......

I have my first BOTM its way. I agree with revnewk that this would make a fantastic series.
Yes, all of that without the spey I can gladly do without. I like it a lot. I do wish it had a shield.

I really appreciate that Buck has been taking some real world pictures with the knives now, instead of just having the white backdrop. It really gives you a better idea of how the knife will actually look. Great looking pictures and angles too.

Does anyone know if the long pull nail notch is a rare thing? I'm not going to lie, I don't really have any traditional Buck folders, so can't recall having seen it before.

Does anyone know if the long pull nail notch is a rare thing? I'm not going to lie, I don't really have any traditional Buck folders, so can't recall having seen it before.

The last time I recall seeing it is on the BladeForums designed, 2018 Buck 301 forum knife. Buck should have BladeForums design more knives for them. The BF designed SK 104 and BF 301 forum knife were both extremely popular.

0301BKSBOTM-B.jpg

HADtGUD.jpg

Ouch my wallets hurting this month with all the knives I've ordered.

The last time I recall seeing it is on the BladeForums designed, 2018 Buck 301 forum knife. Buck should have BladeForums design more knives for them. The BF designed SK 104 and BF 301 forum knife were both extremely popular.
Beautiful knife and thank you very much for sharing the info!

Back