Shadetree Phenolics/Bow Legged Chopper Glow in the Dark Sweetness!!

chainring

Gold Member
Experimented in the dark with the fabulous Fiddleback Bow Legged Chopper in Shadetree Phenolics Glow in the Dark handle material! It looks good no matter how you cut it! :)

Here it is in it's normal condition.
DSC05761.jpg

Here it is after "charging" it with a Surefire E1B flashlight. The glow is plainly visible even with the lights on!
DSC05762.jpg

And here it is in the dark!
DSC05769.jpg

Experimented in the dark with the fabulous Fiddleback Bow Legged Chopper in Shadetree Phenolics Glow in the Dark handle material! It looks good no matter how you cut it! :)

Here it is in it's normal condition.
DSC05761.jpg

Here it is after "charging" it with a Surefire E1B flashlight. The glow is plainly visible even with the lights on!
DSC05762.jpg

And here it is in the dark!
DSC05769.jpg

Wow! great job, thanks for posting that!:thumbup:

Do you mind I snag those pics for my own selfish uses?

That stuff is very cool! How long does it stay glowing?

The glow dust I used in it should easily last all night. It does dim over time but the ultra green has some nice staying power.

Thanks everyone!

-Todd

Last edited:
Very cool. I've got a little necker with the orange glow handles. My next will have to be green!

Wow--I didn't know Andy had kryptonite as a handle option! :D

"Do you mind I snag those pics for my own selfish uses?"

Heck no, you're welcome to them! Thanks for making custom knives more fun with all the cool handle choices!

I love Todd's materials. If I end up with enough left over from selling this current batch, I'm going to try and pick up some GITD stuff from him.

I'll try to get a glowing pic but for now this is what I have.
IMG_0069.jpg

Thanks PT. No rush on the glow pic, I was actually more interested in a daylight pic anyway. :thumbup:

I love that stuff too. I have a knife with glow in the dark epoxy in the flared rivet tubes. I want to take it out, and do it again with longer lasting glow powder. The longest lasting power will glow all night.

Those handles look great light or dark. A lot of the glow in the dark scales I have seen in the past look off, like the stuff is dirty in the light and the color is off in the dark. Those look great.

Holy freaking crap. I NEED a knife with that same handle material. A large muk with a full convex grind and those handles would be just about perfect for a woods knife.

do-want.jpg

Back