Shane Sibert!

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
Just saw a great looking knife on eBay by Mr. Sibert, and can't find any other pics or info about his stuff anywhere. I know he's a member here, so if anyone (including Shane) can point me to a source, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

sibertknives.com :) Shane makes some AWESOME blades!!! I have an Argonaut and have a Darius on order.

Thanks Bill!

I checked out the site, and there is some great lookin' stuff there! :cool: I may have to order a Neutrino II this summer. I still plan on picking up another Siegle or two as well. ;)

Whoever is selling the Sibert on eBay says that Shane no longer offers Sigman sheaths, but Shane's site states otherwise.

Hi MacHete! thanks for the interest in my blades. And thanks Bill for the help and complement. I still offer Sigman/edgeguard sheaths, but his turn around time for sheath delivery has increased to 3-6 months. If you don't mind the additional wait time, on top of my 6-7 month delivery time, they can be had. But well worth the wait. I may also slightly increase the Price of the E.O.D 1 sheath system from Sigman. I'm currently working with Rob at survival sheath systems on some kydex sheaths that might become the standard for my knives, leaving the Sigman sheaths as special order items. I haven't had the opportunity to make the nessecary changes to my web-site yet, as I'm still working on smoothing out the sheath dilemma. Hope this helps. :)

Hey Shane! Just out of curiosity, the knife on eBay was a "Particle Separator", and you apparently aren't making them anymore. Why not? Awesome lookin' blade! Also, the photos included in the eBay listing were great. Were they yours from your site or is the seller a great photographer. I guess it would help if I linked to the listing so you could see them. I'll find it and patch it back here.

Actually, I called it the "Matter Seperator", and it's the sellers pics. It was available in 2 blade lenghts of 8" and 6 1/4", I made it in mostly the 8" version. Only 1 in the 6 1/4 version. I made the knife 3-4 years ago, I discontinued it because It didn't really fit into the new line of knives that I was developing at the time which has evolved and been refined into the ones I currently make today. I still have the template for it, and have always wanted to make a sub-hilt version but just havn't gotten around to it.

I bought one of the TAD GEAR AND SHANE SIBERT EXPLORER II
knives from TAD last summer. I use it for camping/day hiking as a general utility that can also serve as a SD blade. It is has performed great. The sheath is secure comfortable and the knife has a very secure grip. I really like this knife...Ed.

I've never met Mr. Sibert, but in my short time looking at knife literature, he is certainly one of the true up-and-comers who's already made it and is still shooting higher and higher.

His knives are not only quite inspirational to me in the way he designs and executes them, but all the feedback I've come across has been about the top-notch quality and reliability. Jason.

Back