Shanghai Shadow’s pretty good

Gift for my Father arrived today. Rock solid knife. It was lighter than I expected and the balance was fantastic. Wasn’t as sharp as some other CS knives, but nothing rods can’t fix. Time will tell if the sheath will dull this one, but I’m happy with the purchase.

It’s not as practical as a Recon Tanto or SRK, but it’s a fun knife for the occasional utility work. Will try to post some pics soon.

I agree the shanghai shadow is a good knife and a very interesting design. It's big brother the shanghai warrior is even cooler and the closest thing to a smatchet, at a reasonable price, that I know of.
I wanted to get the warrior too man, but sadly my local knife seller doesn’t offer it anymore. Should’ve picked it up last year, lmao.

I agree the shanghai shadow is a good knife and a very interesting design. It's big brother the shanghai warrior is even cooler and the closest thing to a smatchet, at a reasonable price, that I know of.
Smatchet or Fur Trade Dag. The small one is light, and the big one is down right spooky. Cold Steel always did stuff like this well :thumbsup: The Indians up here used to kill each other with blades extremely similar to these, a couple hundred years ago.

2LdmZCv.jpg

Ch1YA8j.jpg

I agree these are great knives. Love the smatchet/leaf style blade which upon stabbing an object leaves an impressively wide wound tract. I wish they would still make both the Shanghai Warrior and the smatchet machete, it was probably one of their most versatile machete designs and again that wide leaf shaped blade should create devastating stab wounds.

I agree these are great knives. Love the smatchet/leaf style blade which upon stabbing an object leaves an impressively wide wound tract. I wish they would still make both the Shanghai Warrior and the smatchet machete, it was probably one of their most versatile machete designs and again that wide leaf shaped blade should create devastating stab wounds.
Should’ve gotten the Warrior while my local vendor still had it, haha.

Back