Share your most memorable Multi Experience...

Yeah stealing the SAK thread concept... :eek:

I'll start...

One of my drivers and a trainee managed to get our 40K truck stuck in a mud hole... In the process of recovery the valve to airbrake was sheared and the airbrakes lost all pressure... The recovery driver was not thrilled to have to tow the rig back down the mountain... The driver of our rig was freaking, the trainee was freaking... I just climbed down into the ditch, found a willow branch that was the right size, whipped out my Leatherman got out the saw and cut the branch, then I took out the knife blade, whittled the end and as I walked past the recovery driver I asked if he had a really big hammer... Now I have the two drivers, the trainee, and some onlookers watching me...

I got under the airbrake canister place the whittled end to the hole... took up the hammer and whacked the stake... climbed back out and up into the cab and was happy to see the airbrake pressure climb back to 120... I then told everyone to move, backed the truck around and drove it back to the garage... The stake held the whole way and when my boss heard about my trick he was happy that the recovery bill didn't become a tow bill also...

It's been a while since I told this one so I guess it'll be ok. I was spending a week-end on Cape Cod one spring and despite continual rain, I wanted to get to the beach Saturday morning. While walking the nearly deserted stretch, I heard someone calling for help and jumping up and down on the shoreline where the waves were pounding the beach.
I made my way over to a guy who was bent over what appeared to be a pile up rubbish bobbing around in the water. Upon closer inspection, it was apparent that a seagull was caught up in a hunk of fish net along with other junk. The guy was really a wreck and had no clue how to release the rather annoyed gull. I was somewhat puzzled myself as it looked like an impossible mess!
At the time I was carrying a cheap Chinese multi and managed to cut the gull out of the net using the knife and wire cutters. The bird flew off and the guy who first found him was still a basket case. After that week-end, I got my first decent multi and am never without one on my belt:thumbup: :)

It's kind of a mundane story, but I was chaperoning a bunch of my high school-age students on a ski trip about six years ago. We were staying in some time-share place, and one of them spilled potato chips all over the floor (and then stepped on them). I surprised them by using my LM Wave to jimmy open the locked closet door where there was a vacuum.

Foilist, thats breaking and entering and maybe illegal use of a vacuum:D

I think a Felony was commited! Just kidding, I think that is good old American thinking!!!!!

Some years ago around noon on a sunny day I was waiting for a bus on a busy street across from a major university. One of the local burnouts approached me for some spare change and I made my first mistake by turning him down too abruptly. He got nasty and started mouthing off in a major way. Worse, as he worked himself up, he started to display a chain.

My next mistake was instead of right away getting myself gone, I glanced up the street and spotted the bus I was waiting for at the previous stop and figured it would be only a few minutes before I was out of there, anyway.

But now my new street buddy was doing a circle dance, each time coming a little closer. So the next time he showed me his chain, I turned 3/4 with my left side toward him and reached under my jacket with my right hand for the Leatherman Supertool on my belt. It was only a few months new, so the leather pouch unsnapped with a satisfying pop. I then faced front with both hands in sight and just looked at him.

The guy continued his trash talk and movements, but noticeably drawing farther away from me as he probably pondered what the hell I was carrying. At this point I started wondering where was that bus and took another look. It had disappeared! Either I was mistaken at first sighting, or the damn old thing turned off at a street before getting to my stop. Whatever the case, it was then I did what I should have done from the first by departing with all deliberate speed (but with dignity).

Another time I used my Supertool to tighten a loose windshield wiper that had started freewheeling during a driving rain. It stayed tight, too. Also fixed a gas dryer with it because I was too lazy to go back home for my tools. These things can spoil you..

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

My most memorable experience was removing a couple of prickly pears from the roof of an English pointer's mouth while quail hunting in West Texas. Never could have managed it without (a) my trusty LM PST, and (b) a partner with a headlock on the dog!

Jon

Back