Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

I have been fortunate to have a great working relationship with Jim Hammond of Pelham, Alabama. He's a veteran maker and has a number of knife designs which are singular in purpose for the fighting elite...

He calls them his 'Flesheater' series (YIKES!) No candycoating the intentions here. :eek:

Here they are:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

You may have already seen these posted late in Joe Paranee's thread about David Mirabile. David's steel is wonderfully intricate and astoundingly powerful.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Jim

Great additions Coop

Like that "Runt"

Your images are stellar!

Steve
--------
Member, W.F. Moran Foundation
ABS Apprentice Smith

Hi Friends,

I try to take the break between Christmas and New Years Day to accomplish things I just won't make the time for through the year.

Eight years ago I spent the week creating my SharpByCoop.com website. Now? That's SO 2008.... :rolleyes:

I spent two days revamping it to a cleaner, simpler look. I had to relearn what code did what to what, and re-edit most of the images.

In the end, I removed unneeded pages, updated the relevant pages, and gave it a cleaner brighter look.

orig.jpg

Before, I also had a scrolling 'Flash' slideshow on the homepage which would ONLY show on a computer. Old school. ^^ This 'composite' static image is still a tempting entrance.

Both my banner below and my avatar are my awareness that 'less can be more'.

However, the program I use for my Gallery (Who cares about your website?? We look at the pictures!) is unchanged for now. Hard to beat a black backdrop to display an image well!

Click my banner in my signature to take a peek. Thank you.

Coop

Coop,

Your web site is off the hook, fantastic photos, I could spend a lot of time in there looking.

Again, just beautiful work. - :thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you for all you do in the knife world.....:D:thumbup:

Happy New Year!

I've been hoarding some incredible work. If you are one of this week's $1.6 BILLION Powerball winners, you may buy look to acquire all of them. ;)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

More....

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I mentioned in another thread that Wolfe's work rarely has straight lines. I rest my case. :)
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

More...

Each of the next four have panels of 'windows'.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I have happily shot a few knives for Knife Rights, for the Summer's drawing auction. Here's a start of the maker's donations.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Lastly I was blown away by this piece by Chris Reeve. It's almost ten years old, but BOY is it stunning in it's build. I think Nathan the Machinist would agree. :)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Anders Hogstrom shipped me this all the way from Sweden and it's going back. THAT'S a notable gesture. He calls this his 'Fire Ant' folder.
orig.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for looking!

Coop

When I want to show someone what a knife photograph should look like I always bring them here. Coop do you have any pics of old well loved traditionals like the Remington Bullet Knives or some of the old Schrade Waldens or Keen Kutters. There's so much personality in older knives I'd love to see your take on them.

Sorry Ted. I feel your pain, but I don't own any ACTUAL older ones, and no one has ever brought me the old-time traditionals to shoot. :(

My style probably may not do them correctly. They look best on a desk or in a setting, not necessarily on a lovely background.

Then again.... I offer the current patriarchs of traditionals to fantasize.

Tony Bose

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Or Don Hanson...

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Bill Ruple?

orig.jpg

There are many others I haven't tagged, but you get a taste.

Coop

Thanks Coop that was good for me, I'm gonna have a cigarette and I'll be right back. ;)

Tony and company, Don and Bill's work all stand on their own and you do them justice, I'd love to se what you could do with a 200 year old IXL with well worn smooth bone covers... I gotta stop I'm drooling.

Thanks again for posting those Coop :)

Coop, the combination of amazingly clean clear images, astounding knives, and someone so willing to share them. Just hard to find words to fully express how off the charts this stuff is. Thanx for doing what you do.

James: I am not fishing for compliments, but it would be rude NOT to say a hearty thank you. "Thank you." :D

I got a few things to show off. Some have been posted, but not all.

This was purchased from a dealer, then shipped across the US to my studio. Then I shipped it over the US and still overseas to the new owner.

Jody Muller has madd skillz.

orig.jpg

This was not easy to capture and made me work. it's called a 'poignard' dagger (three sided). Dan Leeper made it all, including the sheath.

orig.jpg

We've already seen this Mike Quesenberry 'utility' :confused::eek::rolleyes: on it's own thread, but it's tempting enough to enjoy over and over.

orig.jpg

My friend Jeffrey Cornwell is on the VERY left edge of art knives, yet still he's done some nice grinds and a clever 'guard' to make it a legit sticker. Ouch!

orig.jpg

Lastly, this Don Hanson mammoth Bowie has just made it's debut in it's own thread. It's called the 'Hanson Effect' Bowie, which is a phenomena that allows that if a maker puts out TOO MANY great pieces for the end-of-the-year Best Bowie contest, the overall voting is affected so that the votes are diluted over a quantity of knives instead of one. This is what's known as a First Class Problem. :p :thumbup:

orig.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Coop

A filler post just to tap the next set of images to the next page. :D

Here's a photo of an engineering slide rule I bought at a garage sale for $5....

orig.jpg

$5 bucks??!! There is a college tuition's worth of knowledge involved in figuring out what it does, and how to do it.

Next page: a barrage of images....

Reactions: Jos
Back