Sharpening scissors on TSPROF Kadet Pro

I see one option is the TSPROF small universal table ($$$). Are there other alternatives?

Yep, check with Gritomatic to see if they have stock of the Leading Edge Core upgrade for the Kadet & K03.

As part of the kit, you get a scissors sharpening clamp that attached into the front of the magnetic table. Just remove the large blade magnetic attachment and install the scissors clamp in its place.

As I see all you would need is two small 3D printed adapters.
See this video as a hint:

I'm more of a butcher or house painter than a machinist or sharpener, but I've had a surprising degree of success sharpening shears on a $40 HFT 1x30 belt sander.

I used to send them out for sharpening for $35 per pair. Not anymore.

$125/pair for scissors is just crazy IMHO. You can get a decent pair of Chicom 12" shears for ~$25 or -- if you want to get really fancy -- Gingher 8" for $30 or Gingher 10" for $60.

I'm more of a butcher or house painter than a machinist or sharpener, but I've had a surprising degree of success sharpening shears on a $40 HFT 1x30 belt sander.

I used to send them out for sharpening for $35 per pair. Not anymore.

$125/pair for scissors is just crazy IMHO. You can get a decent pair of Chicom 12" shears for ~$25 or -- if you want to get really fancy -- Gingher 8" for $30 or Gingher 10" for $60.
Happy wife, happy life. ;-)

I had posted something then realized it was about something different so I erased it as I couldn't delete it.
It was not directed at your post.
I see.
I thought your post is referring to something in this thread but couldn't figured out on what.

Yep, check with Gritomatic to see if they have stock of the Leading Edge Core upgrade for the Kadet & K03.

As part of the kit, you get a scissors sharpening clamp that attached into the front of the magnetic table. Just remove the large blade magnetic attachment and install the scissors clamp in its place.

I've been trying to get my hands on one of the Leading Edge Cores for my Tsprof Kadet for awhile. Any idea when they will be back in stock?? I asked Gritomatic, but no reply.

I've been trying to get my hands on one of the Leading Edge Cores for my Tsprof Kadet for awhile. Any idea when they will be back in stock?? I asked Gritomatic, but no reply.

I just asked them and they are busy restocking as we speak. Should show up soon on their site.

Back