Sharpening serrations

Can CS serrations be sharpened on a flat stone? Thanks

Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can CS serrations be sharpened on a flat stone? Thanks

Jordan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wider serations you could by using the edges but the smaller ones are impossible unless you use the lansky stone specifically for cs serations

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Not really bit cold steel offers sharpening for them and that's what I would do make them sharpen thoses tiny bastards

ZTD

http://www.coldsteel.com/FAQs.aspx

Questions 7-9.

Does Cold Steel re-sharpen knives?
Yes. We charge $10 for a fixed blade and $7 for a folding knife. Just send the knife with payment to Cold Steel (6060 Nicolle Street Ventura, CA 93003) and we will take care of it. Please note that we re-sharpen knives in batches, so it may take up to 4 weeks before your knife is returned to you.

Will Cold Steel re-sharpen my serrated knife?
Yes. Just send the knife with $7 payment to Cold Steel (6060 Nicolle Street Ventura, CA 93003) and we will take care of it. Please note that we re-sharpen knives in batches, so it may take up to 4 weeks before your knife is returned to you.

How can I re-sharpen my serrated knife?
With care, your new knives will remain sharp for a very long time and may never need to be resharpened. If they do start to need resharpening it can be done in one of two ways: First, the back of the serrations can be lightly honed with a standard sharpening system to bring back the edge on the points and flats of the serrations. This method is fairly quick, but if done too aggressively or too often, it will damage the serrations.
Alternately, a sharpening system with very fine angles can be used to sharpen between the serrations on the front of the knife. This technique is quite time consuming but it is the only way to restore the edge properly. At the moment, we recommend the Sharpmaker system by Spyderco.

I have had good results using DMT Dia-Folds for sharpening the small serrations. The corner of the edge fits in them.

Back