sharpmaker question(s)

I just received my new 204 and have played around on a couple of knives. Unfortunately, I live in Ireland and can't get Ajax or Comet dry abrasive cleansers. There are a lot of cream cleaners etc. with a variety of unknown chemicals but i'm not sure if I should risk trying them out on the ceramics. I don't want to make it worse. I've tried the rubber eraser technique but there is still steel visible in the corners of the rods. In fact, to my fingernail, the corners seemed smoother than the flats, right out of the box. Is that normal and am I just being a novice? Also, any thoughts on non dry cleansers would be great.

Can you get SOS pads up there?

also, check out the rust-erasers that you can get online. I know United Cutlery makes em, so pretty much worldwide availability.

Thanks. I'll give that a try. What about my impression that the corners seemed smoother than flats (ie. not as gritty) when new? Is that normal?

the stones start a bit smooth. try rubbing the corners together along the full length(and all 3 of em), helps a bit.

Back