Sharpmaker to sharpen Endura SE?

OK all, I'm pretty sure the answer to this is yes, but while my stones are drying, figured I'd sti down and ask really quick.

Picked up my first spyderco this week(EnduraII, SS handles, full serrated edge), and while it of course doesn't need sharpening yet, wanted to make sure my sharpmaker would sharpen it alright following included directions for a serrated edge blade. I have the204(or 204d, not sure of difference) if that matters. THanks for your time.

yes, it will sharpen serrations. Try not to use the medium stones unless it's quite heavily damaged.

white stones, 40deg slots, 2-2 for best (working) results. 2 strokes right, 2 strokes left, 2 strokes right....

My Cricket(tufram ats-55/se) has a 30deg 2-2 edge on it, will shave, but needs touching up more often then my ats-55/se endura.

Got my Endura in Dec 02(NIB), I've touched the edge on my 204 once, and stropped it 2x. Last time I figured out the right way. Load a cord with compound, and slide the knife up the cord, on each seperate tooth. I did 1 pass on right, 1 on left, and a final one on right(lightly). It shaves. It's got a factory edge touched on the white 40s about 3 months ago. I'm sure I've polished that away already.

good idea on the stropping, getting big on steeling/stropping(combination of influence of HI khukuri's and the fact I like a convex edge). Figured sharpmaker would work too, just nice to get confirmation. Thanks to both of you. Now just gotta get around and use this thing so I have a reaso to sharpen it.

I've been doing light stropping on my 303mf(double stuff) case for a while... Just finally got a good strop in december(as an unexpected bonus in a trade), been making good use of it.

The cord with compound was an attempt to see if I could remove the wire that's always left from sharpening serrations. Now I touch up a knife in a couple minutes on the strop, or a cardboard box at work.

Just touched up my dragonfly last night, took me 5min with sandpaper and the strop. Went from slicing paper(on table, no freeehanging... was that dull) to shaving just like that. 8-10 strokes on 1200grit, and a couple passes each side on the strop.

I started stropping when I convexed my fly a while ago(ran it convexed for about a year, undid that about 3-4months ago I think). Found out that even 8A takes a SWEET edge when you knock it down to a 30deg edge and strop it till it's polished. Will dig in to your arm shaving hair off if you're just a little high on the angle.

Back