SHAVING MY HEAD

I used my hair cutting electric razor ,wanted to cut it real short....with this Corona crap & barbers closed,I needed it cut! Besides haircuts for seniors are now $20 +a tip...I'm a senior "retired"! Finished & it sucked!! Was NOT the first time cutting for me!I looked & said SCREW IT! Then grabbed my reg bladed razor & shaved my whole head!I know a couple at the gym that do shave bald...first time for me.Anyone else do this or am I the only one!!@

Been shaving my head since the mid 90's, first with an electric shaver then with a HeadBlade. HeadBlade gives the best perfectly smooth shave in just a minute or two.

I've been doing it for 10 plus years. Ambassador safety with brush, cream or soap.

A few years back, one of our work buddies got cancer.

In a show of solidarity with the guy, we all shaved our heads while he underwent his treatments. Poor bastid didn't make it.

I have shaved my head ever since. I use a Venus lady razor cuz it's cheap. Always wanted to try a HeadBlade though.

Footnote: That buddy of ours underwent two rounds of chemo. When he passed away, sumbitch still had a full head of hair.

12 years of shaving my head, head blade is the best way for me.

yul braynner, telly savalas, vin diesel, dwayne johnson, jason statham, mike tyson,
all strong characters types .
its a bold move
if you're not prepared
something could snap ... :)
tenor.gif

I used my hair cutting electric razor ,wanted to cut it real short....with this Corona crap & barbers closed,I needed it cut! Besides haircuts for seniors are now $20 +a tip...I'm a senior "retired"! Finished & it sucked!! Was NOT the first time cutting for me!I looked & said SCREW IT! Then grabbed my reg bladed razor & shaved my whole head!I know a couple at the gym that do shave bald...first time for me.Anyone else do this or am I the only one!!@

Going on about 15 yrs now.

I could not go to the place where I cut my hair and I decided to shave it off. It looks and feels good, no more paying for haircuts.

Shaved it for a few years since heavy chemo. I typically use a Bravura cordless with a 5 in 1 adjustable blade set to the 40 blade setting.

I just recently started shaving my head. First pass is with a traditional straight razor. This pass with the grain. The second is against the grain using the "leaf" razor.
The leaf is a solid metal razor. It uses up to 3 halves of a double edge safety razor blade. It does a great job.

Shaving my head with razor is a little too labor intensive.
I just use clippers and do a homemade high and tight.

In my late teens I used to keep my hair very shortly cropped, and visit the barber once a week for a touch up. Once I was visiting my dad and I had my hair trimmed almost down to nothing with a "part" (basically a line) shaved in it. He hated it and said, "Why don't you just shave your head bald?". I told him I was thinking about doing so, and he offered to do it right then and there. I took him up on the offer. I think his intention was that I would hate it and decide to grow my hair out. Well, I'm 44 now, and have been shaving it ever since.

I've found a simple gillette works best for me, though I do use a brush/bowl and a nice cream because I like the process. For reference, I also have a foot long beard that I usually keep in hair ties and have had for eight years. Not a look for everyone, but it works well for me.

I shave in the shower, just soap up my head and face and use a regular triple blade. I played rock guitar for years and had hair to my butt and double ear piercings. I was on a creeper under my rock crawler about 15 years ago and got my hair caught in one of the wheels. By the time I got out from under the truck I'd lost a good chunk of hair. A few days later I was mowing one of my fields, it was hot, dusty and windy, my hair was blowing all over the place, I was sweating and junk was getting stuck all over me. I got disgusted, went up to the house, grabbed some scissors and just started cutting handfuls of it off. When I was done I took some clippers and went right to the skin. Started shaving it a couple days later and will never grow hair again. I'm a chrome dome champion and jokingly try and get all my bro's to go along. So far 3 of us are skin heads, 2 more are on the cusp. No more barbers, shampoo, hat head, hair in everything (I do have a daughter and wife w/long blonde hair so that's not true but it aint mine!) worrying about styles, combs, brushes and all that BS. Simple and clean, only thing you have to worry about is burning your head and you'll notice you get colder quicker so hats are more important for me anyway.

If you want to use clippers to shave your head, get an Andis T-Outliner.

Otherwise, get a DE safety razor(I recommend a Merkur 34HD to start with, or a Razorock Gamechanger with the 0.68 blade gap). A good soap from Ariana & Evans, and a synthetic brush. Google "Maggard Razors".

I've been shaving mine for 20 years. Bought a pair of clippers 15 years ago, the guards are still in the plastic. I only blade shave for special occasions as i get razor burn. Plus, the stubble is like velcro for a touque. LOL When a balde is called for, i swear by the Mach III. one pass shaving. Trying to get up the courage to try one of my straight razors.

Back