Sheath difficulties

Anyone know the easist thing to do to fex a shrunken sheath (won't let the khuk fit back in) fixed?

This is on my Kobra that is sold. ... the leather shrunk up a bit, and I thought that maybe a good mink oiling would relax it a bit. It helped the leather tremendously, but obviously the wood shurnk up too. It is binding up right at the curve of the sheath.

I'm thinking I might have to sand out the inside. ... but would rather do it another way if it is easier/better. Soak it in water?

I'd appreciate any suggestions, advice, well wishes :)

Thanks!

Alan

Water worked for me on a gun holster, don't soak it. Just a good "spraying" and put the gun [khukuri] in it while it dry's. I don't know about the wood, sorry. Good luck.
Sam:confused:

I've heard you can soak the sheath in water, and stretch it with wedges to loosen it up.

From what I deduce that the khukuri should be kept in the sheath when not used in order to avoid this kind of problem ?

Or at least in the firt few months, the time for the wood and leather to adapt their new hydrometric conditions (which have good chances to be drier than Nepal)?

Good Good, that was for the Sat 23:50 "on duty and I whish this customer knew what is wrong with its system, so I'll read some HI forum".

If you can't be wise with the work, try to be in the HI forum :)
Makes the evening less frustrating.

Back