Sheath for Loveless Style Hunter

This is a sheath for a Bob Loveless inspired hunter.

The knife has a CPM S35VN tapered tang with a hand-fitted and soldered guard, buckeye burl scales, guard and scale spacers, etc.

I swivel carved the borders, taper stamped around each of the swivel knife cuts, stamped the weave pattern with a Jeremiah Watt stamp, and then finished with a Tandy border stamp. Folded, stitched, dyed, stained, and then sealed with bag kote.

The basic process is given by Charles Burrows in his instructional videos. I basically follow Al Stolman's hand stitching methods too.

In any case, I'm just copying what others have done before me.

Thank you Chuck Burrows and Al Stolman. . . and Bob Loveless, etc. Maybe they are all in the same camp?

IMG_7523_650.jpg

IMG_7524_650.jpg

IMG_7558_650.jpg

IMG_7559_650.jpg

IMG_7530_1800.jpg

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_7524_650.jpg
    IMG_7524_650.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Looking good Mike! The only thing I can see that I might change would be to clean up the marks you left beveling between the border and the stitch line. Might practice "walking" the stamp(at least I think that is what it is called and I struggle with this myself whenever I try to bevel something) or you could even bevel inside the line and the border stamp would help cover.

Chris

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yes, taper stamping late at night gets challenging!

Cheers.

I like the knife a lot. The sheath is goodlooking, but did you mean to have a rustic look on the thread?
Personally I would have used a dark brown thread on this to match the borders.

Outstanding Mike. Knife and sheath. Have you tried a push beveller for that border? Buckeye is always cool. Grows around here.

Back