Sheath for my second knife (WIP)...

I recently finished my second knife and I decided to try and make a slightly more advanced sheath for it than I'm used to. I was afraid the handle wouldn't fit properly in the sheath, but it turned out the way I wanted it to. I was thinking about doing some wet molding on it, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be necessary. I'll post more pictures when it's all done:

kC7YZ9s.jpg

8RcZ77U.jpg

Good looking knife and sheath!
Constructive critism:
Have the pins/corbies a bit more towards the middle and make the guard out of bronze/copper/new silver. (brass is so brassy... on this one you can use brass black on the guard, should look good with the black scales)
Also round the edges of your leatherwork. It looks good as is, but that will improve the looks a lot

Good looking knife and sheath!
Thanks!
Constructive critism:
Have the pins/corbies a bit more towards the middle
That's a great idea, would have looked even better. Now the Corbys ended up on the thinnest part of the scales, so I had to cut the screws shorter and make the countersink deeper, to prevent having to grind the tops of the Corbys all the way into the hollow parts of them (happened to me once before, sucked).
and make the guard out of bronze/copper/new silver. (brass is so brassy... on this one you can use brass black on the guard, should look good with the black scales)
I do like brass, but I'd love to start working with bronze as well. Haven't been able to find any bronze Corby pins though. I might take a look at that Brass Black stuff.
Also round the edges of your leatherwork. It looks good as is, but that will improve the looks a lot
Will do.

Sheath's not quite ready yet. Next, the plan is to grind the sides even to the seams, round off the corners, finish the belt loops, finish up the edges and apply finishing products.
I'm just happy that I got the fitting right. I'll post here again when it's all done.

Last edited:
Back