Sheath Forum - Good Idea

Mike Sastre

Custom Crafted Concealex Sheaths
This is a great idea for BF. There are a couple other forums that have a specific sheath forum, and this can be a place where questions are answered, misconceptions dispelled, and people's work showcased. Hopefully we can raise the bar on what's available in both leather and thermoplastics. There are several talented established sheathmakers on BF, and definitely more than a few good up and comers.

excellent_001.jpg

Wohoo! I was going to ask where to post some sheath questions and then I find this forum. :D Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!

Heber

Thanks to A LOT of people who stuck with the idea, with a lot of positive input and good ideas for what we could accomplish here.

Maybe we need a (sticky) thread with specific ideas, but lets see what people ask about and provide first.

Sounds like a plan to me. :D

Yep, theres a thread full of people that really hung in there, I'm glad it worked out.

Great to have a place to check out makers work and ask questions!

Yipeeeee! Finally!!!! In allot of ways sheaths are as interesting to me as knives themselves. This place will be a daily visit for me.

Wow!! I go away for a few days and when I get back, there's the forum I hoped for!

Thanks, Spark, and everyone else who lobbied for this!

Now, I've got some catching up to do on this cool new forum...

I have to agree that it was a great decision to add this subforum. I think a well made sheath is a work of art, and I like seeing them as much as I like seeing knives.

For knives that are carried that need a sheath, makes the sheath as important as the knife. A good sheath and a good knife is a very satisfying combination. I like the feel good factor of a well sheathed knife on my belt.

The knife, sheath, belt (if used), and person are all a system. They all compliment each other. If any part of the system is weak, it affects the whole system. Just like gun, holster, and belt. Not a good idea to put a $1000 gun in a $10 holster. Same with knives. You generally get what you pay for.

I've always had a problem with American made knives that come with a generic looking sheath, obviously from a land far far away....

Back