Sheath Suggestion for BM Survival Knife

Hey there!

I have a Battle Mistress that I got about a week or so, and have already take it out on a five day excursion. I didn't know how well I would like the sheath they currently make, as I thought the Kydex is a little more sleek, and a little (dare I say) "sexier". But, I grew to appreciate the sheath while I was out this week. One of the things that I liked was the addition of the pouch on the sheath. It was very roomy and had the extra touch of an elastic strap that keeps items in the pocket fairly snug even if the top strap isn't closed over.

However, I couldn't help but notice all of the extra room on the bottom half of the sheath. It looked like there would be enough room for another such pocket as well. I got a Natural Outlaw at the same time, and there definitely isn't room for another one on that sheath, but there is on the BM.

As this BM is going to be my expedition knife, and presumably going to be with me most everywhere I go, I like to have a few items with the knife, like a fire starter (Just got the new model from WSI and love it), water purification tabs, Leatherman Wave, and a few other goodies. All of these are last ditch items when the pack's gone, there's nothing left but my knife and me. I just hate to see all of that room go to waste at the bottom of the sheath.

How feasible would it be to get your contractor for sheaths to make up a BM model that has two of the pouches? Anybody else out there have any suggestions, opinions or ideas?

Don't get me wrong, I love the set-up, but I'm always in the mood to "tweak" things a little.

"My girlfriend told me once that I was too intense. So, I stared at her 'till she cried."--Stephen Wright

poesson

(was G-man, but too confusing)

[This message has been edited by poesson (edited 03-28-2001).]

Poesson,

Yeah, I thought the same thing, the extra carry pouch would be nice. I can see the dilema for the shop though, some guys prefer kydex, some cordura, some want both, some want diff colors. Anyway, I also considered that there was ample room for the extra pouch, then just grab the loaded rig and head out.

I would like to test drive the low ride kydex version that used to be available for the Busse line. Does anybody make one currently? Either Straight or E handled models?

Poes, could you send me an email with some details about the WSI firestarter? I'm not familiar with it. Thanks.

Guys, there are a few custom sheathmakers out there who can make up more or less whatever you want. It's a bit much to expect Busse to do custom work on a sheath or change the design. No harm trying though.
Personally, I like the standard kydex or kydex lined sheaths, but I prefer custom leather sheaths for the Busses by Kenny Rowe, which I got through the incomparable Andy Prisco. If I were to do a kydex sheath I would contact our own Normark who does super work in concealex.
I must admit, I kind of like having a supplementary carry position on the sheath but for me two would be a bit much. Most of the time, however, I prefer slimmer and lighter, perhaps to compensate for the fact that I'm not
smile.gif

[edited for stoopid sspelling misteak]

[This message has been edited by HJK (edited 03-29-2001).]

Special Operations Equipment sister company to Strider Knives can do that very thing.

http://www.soegear.com/

------------------
Thank you,
Marion David Poff aka Eye mdpoff@hotmail.com

My website, guided links, talonite/cobalt alloy info, etc....
http://www.geocities.com/mdpoff

>>--->Bill Siegle Custom Knives<---<<
-http://www.geocities.com/siegleknives-

"To wait for luck is the same as waiting for death." -Japanese Proverb

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

"We will either find a way, or make one." Hannibal, 210 B.C.

Back